clay pelland

26 Posts
20 Users
13 Likes
rlittlewood
(@rlittlewood)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

for yall wat know clay pelland, yall know he been fightin cancer for a good spell now,,,,,huh go da latest word from miss shari,,,,,if yall amind to please pray for em,,,

This topic was modified 11 months ago by rlittlewood

i are mrs. capt skipper

Posted : June 5, 2023 4:13 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I had been keeping abreast of the situation via FB and I guess we all knew this was coming but it is still very sad news none-the-less ... although I never had the pleasure of meeting Clay, he was very kind and generous in sharing music with me and many others and I am very thankful for his friendship through this site ... wishing him and all the family peace and love

Posted : June 5, 2023 5:59 pm
Randall
(@randall)
Estimable Member

Thank you for the update Renee. Keeping brother Clay in my thoughts.

Posted : June 5, 2023 11:57 pm
Jack_Frost reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Don't know Clay but remember him here. Prayers and positive thoughts for Clay!! 

Posted : June 6, 2023 8:12 am
Jack_Frost reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Prayers for brother Clay.  One of the good guys from way back.  As Harvey indicated, Clay was a big sharer and propagator of ABB music and live shows.  As with so many of the old forum population I haven't heard from Clay since the demise of the Allman Brothers Band.  I have only fond memories of him.  Thoughts, prayers and healing vibes to Clay.

Posted : June 6, 2023 11:45 am
Jack_Frost and Zambi reacted
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Estimable Member

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Posted : June 6, 2023 2:29 pm
marco
(@marco)
Estimable Member

Although we never met, Clay and I traded several shows over the years - always sent him a copy of every master tape I made.

His generosity , always appreciated !!   Prayers to my friend ...

This post was modified 11 months ago by marco

Posted : June 6, 2023 3:44 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Sending best bolstering karma to Clay - b/c of him ABB music has had a ripple effect on so many fans he turned on to all those shows

Very best wishes to you, brother

Posted : June 6, 2023 4:29 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Shari Pelland posted the following on Facebook:

My love Clay Pelland came into this world on March 21, 1968. He was born a fighter, strong, stubborn and brave. He left this earth on June 6, 2023 in the same way. He fought with every breath he had and tonight he received his reward. He has been united with his Heavenly Father and reunited with his earthly father, among others. We are mourning, but he is rejoicing with a perfect, whole body, free from disease. And because of Christ, we do not mourn as those who have no hope, because we know we will be reunited with him, also, in heaven. God bless.

Rest in Peace Brother Clay

Posted : June 7, 2023 3:53 am
Jack_Frost and Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Peace, love, light and mercy to Clay's family and friends.  Let your soul shine, Clay.

Posted : June 7, 2023 4:24 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

❤️A moving tribute, Mrs Shari Pelland - said so well - condolences & best wishes to you & his loved ones over these next few weeks & beyond - he’ll be sorely missed

Clay Pelland, a friend to so many 

RIP

This post was modified 11 months ago by Stephen

Posted : June 7, 2023 4:51 am
dadof2
(@dadof2)
Noble Member

Very sad to read this. 
RIP Clay and condolences to his family. 

Posted : June 7, 2023 4:51 am
Jack_Frost reacted
rlittlewood
(@rlittlewood)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

may he fly high,,,

i are mrs. capt skipper

Posted : June 7, 2023 5:51 am
salcapitano reacted
Dino
 Dino
(@dino)
Estimable Member

RIP Clay a very generous soul.   Condolences to your family.

Posted : June 7, 2023 11:33 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Judith Durham passed away some months ago. I'd like to offer her version of Danny Boy to the memory of Clay Pelland. 

Posted : June 7, 2023 2:31 pm
TheBabe714
(@thebabe714)
Estimable Member

Very sorry to hear this news, sending love - peace and Gods Blessing to Clay, his family and friends now and always. Thank you for sharing your music and kindness with us all. Rest In Peace and God Bless.

Posted : June 7, 2023 5:47 pm
NYCScammer
(@nycscammer)
Eminent Member

Let Me Go

Posted : June 7, 2023 11:13 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Very sad to hear. Never met him but from this site our paths crossed and shows went back and forth. I always came out on the good end of the stick. He would send things we never even discussed. He didn't know me from Adam.

Great guy. RIP.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : June 8, 2023 7:27 am
KCJimmy
(@kcjimmy)
Honorable Member

One morning I mailed a package to Clay (From Birmingham to Dothan). Mid day we spoke on the phone and decided I should drive to Dothan to see him. When I got there at about 7:30 the package i had mailed that same morning was sitting on his kitchen table. It got there in LESS than a day. He wasn't as fascinated by that as i was. LOVE YOU MAN. 

Posted : June 8, 2023 10:13 am
tbomike
(@tbomike)
Noble Member

Another of the good ones gone. Sad news for sure. Prayers up for him and for all his loved ones.

Posted : June 8, 2023 3:45 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Very saddened to hear this news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Clay was incredibly generous to so many by spreading the music far and wide as evidenced by the previous posts. He also was always eager to start B&P's with The Shoebox Series of shows and help spread those to the faithful.

We talked many, many times (sometimes for hours) but I unfortunately wasn't ever able to meet him in person. When I traveled to Yuma to visit Captain Skipper he had a camper that he housed guests in. Skip told me that I would be staying in the Clay Pelland Annex.

RIP Clay. RIP Skip.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:22 pm
harvey and salcapitano reacted
tori
 tori
(@tori)
Estimable Member

I traded tapes with Clay a few times two decades ago. He was always generous with his time, particularly when pointing out shows that were incorrectly dated. 

Posted : June 10, 2023 8:12 pm
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member

Very saddened to hear this. I remember him well from even before the old blue site. Generous is an understatement. R.I.P.

Posted : June 11, 2023 2:43 am
Jonesy
(@jonesy)
Estimable Member

I am so sorry to read this.  Like many here, I traded with Clay and spoke with him, and PM'd him but never met him.  It was so much fun to interact with him because he loved the music as much as anyone here, shared it beyond generosity and had good stories too!  Whenever I'd see a package in the mail from Dothan Alabama, I just knew it was going to be great.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

Posted : June 11, 2023 12:17 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Clay's obituary.  I haven't seen him in years but he did send me a Capt. Skip remaster show a while back.  He'll be missed.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/joseph-pelland-obituary?id=52200138

Posted : June 13, 2023 6:19 pm
harvey reacted
bobkaufman
(@bobkaufman)
Trusted Member

What a great guy.  Supplied me with a ton of good music and showed me the ropes in trading.  Been a long time since we spoke.  He will be missed.  My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Posted : June 16, 2023 9:39 am
Share: