The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Chances of another The Brothers Show?

fender31
(@fender31)
Ultimate Peach

Is there a chance the guys do another The Brothers Show?

Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 9:26 am
slothrop8
(@slothrop8)
Peach Master

We’ve got 50th Anniversaries of Eat a Peach in 2022 and Brothers and Sisters coming up the next 2 years. Those seem like pretty good pretexts to put on some kind of celebratory show. Not sure if we’ll get the exact same lineup as the last The Brothers show - but it’s not hard to imagine something similar coming together  - especially if Jaimoe is willing and able to do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 9:54 am
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Peach Bud

I don't think it'll happen. The 50th was a big deal. I believe most of them put it to rest with the 50th.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 12:02 pm
fender31
(@fender31)
Ultimate Peach

I can see it happening again but would feature some appearances from Duane and Devon.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 4, 2021 6:34 am
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Peach Bud

Just saying everybody is doing their own thing and has a "band".  Jaimoe with Big Band of Brothers, Derek & Susan, Oteil with Dead Co., Warren and the Mule. That doesn't mean to say that each may do something special for upcoming anniversaries.  But all remaining players together I think is a longshot. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 12:46 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Peach Master

Since the question has been asked, I'd like to throw my two cents in as well. I'm all for another Brothers Show to celebrate the great Allman brothers Music that I and so many of this site love so dearly.

That being said, I wonder if Devon Allman and Company will release a best of "The 2021 Allman Family Reunion Tour". 

I posted in another section of this forum about going to opening night in St. Louis.

The tour continues with stops already completed in Dallas, Austin, New Orlean and Atlanta.

One could say that it would be cheap for this to happen, and I agree that not all the songs played during one of these shows is written by Gregg Alman. However, I just can't get over how great I thought this show was and all the awesome reviews that this tour is getting.

Just like the great releases that highlight the massive Allman Brothers Library, I believe there is also a place for a DVD or CD release of the 2021 Allman Family Revival, so that like most folks I'll be able to relive anytime I wish, the outstanding show I witnessed.

Thank you for your time. Peace and Joy to all!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 12:45 pm
Share: