Carlos Santana on Sitting in With ABB in 2012

11 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This came up today as a Facebook memory from 2012 and it was too good not to share:

My heart feels tangible solid energy of gratitude
Sharing 6 concerts with the allman brothers band
Emerging ourselves with their most loyal fans
Was and is a delicious JOY
Sharing brilliant exchanges with Derek and warren
Made my mind fingers and guts evolve to a new level
Of awareness soulfully sincere emotions
Divine feelings of ecstasy anticipating shifts and waves
Of honest sincere true genuine for freaking real sound
Vibrations resonances we ROCK the audience into
A collective Orgasm of pure union and harmony
I will always treasure this supreme experience
And look forward to the next blessing full time
We do it again.
GOD is great.
-Carlos and Santana band

Posted : August 2, 2021 2:24 pm
Psy
 Psy
(@psy)
Reputable Member

I attended one of those shows when they played in Hartford, CT. One of the best musical bangs for the buck that I've ever been to see and hear.

Posted : August 2, 2021 3:34 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
steadyhorse
(@steadyhorse)
Reputable Member

I went that year to the Jones Beach show, great night of music. 

Posted : August 3, 2021 1:18 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@psy ,

Same here, my wife and I had 10th row center seats for Hartford and it was one of the best concerts we have ever seen together. Both bands were on their game that night and it we fun to see Santana come out and jam with the brothers at the end of their set.

She is a Santana fan and I went specifically to see the ABB but am also a fan of Santana do it was musical nirvana for me that night. One of my favorite Instant Live shows I own for obvious reasons

Sadly it was the last time we saw the Brothers live.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : August 3, 2021 8:52 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

They never brought that tour to the West Coast so I missed out and I'm STILL pissed because I'm a big fan of both bands.

Posted : August 3, 2021 9:52 am
peachlovingman
(@peachlovingman)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @robslob

They never brought that tour to the West Coast so I missed out and I'm STILL pissed because I'm a big fan of both bands.

Yeah, me too! I'm a huge fan of Carlos , Derek and Warren so it would be guitar heaven to see all three jam together. I also hate myself for missing the Derek Trucks Band Show in San Francisco in '09 with Carlos jamming with them- one of my favorite DTB bootlegs of all time.

Posted : August 3, 2021 4:07 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@peachlovingman:  Please check PM's.

This post was modified 3 years ago by robslob

Posted : August 4, 2021 9:50 am
Psy
 Psy
(@psy)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @bill_graham

@psy ,

Same here, my wife and I had 10th row center seats for Hartford and it was one of the best concerts we have ever seen together. Both bands were on their game that night and it we fun to see Santana come out and jam with the brothers at the end of their set.

She is a Santana fan and I went specifically to see the ABB but am also a fan of Santana do it was musical nirvana for me that night. One of my favorite Instant Live shows I own for obvious reasons

Sadly it was the last time we saw the Brothers live.

I was sitting 15 rows behind you, also center stage. I probably went to a couple dozen shows in 2012 and that particular one stands out as my favorite show of that year. Great performances by both bands! Seems as fresh in my mind as if it happened only 2 or 3 summers ago, even though it's been 9 years now.

Posted : August 5, 2021 5:56 am
Bill_Graham reacted
peachlovingman
(@peachlovingman)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @robslob

@peachlovingman:  Please check PM's or email me at robslob@sbcglobal.net

Rob, here is a link to the Derek Trucks Band (w/ Carlos Santana as guest) show on 4/15/09 at the Grand Ballroom:

https://archive.org/details/dtb2009-04-15.nak300.flac16

If that doesn't work for you, just send me another PM with your address and I could send you a CD copy.
BTW, if memory serves me right, I thought you attended this show. One of the best tunes (without Santana) on this is My Favorite Things- a John Coltrane "cover". Simply amazing guitar!

Here is some video from the show with Carlos. I know I've posted this a few times before, but this is so intense I felt I had to repost it again:

Posted : August 5, 2021 6:14 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@peachlovingman  Carlos probably knew he needed to grab some extra being on stage with Derek and HE DID!! 

I saw Santana a couple of times in the 1970 and Carlos always fired up his guitar playing. One of the best. 

Posted : August 6, 2021 7:20 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@peachlovingman:  Please check PM's.  And YES, I was at this show.  

Posted : August 6, 2021 9:56 am
Share: