The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Atlanta Pop -- clearer footage

Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

This turned up 7 days ago (on my 72nd birthday, no less!). Clearer video, but still not long enough.

Billastro

Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2021 5:55 pm
Sang liked
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

you might dig this too

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 6:16 pm
You liked
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

Thanks for sharing guys.

This could be promising that we may yet see more of the footage even if it ends up on bootlegs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 6:37 pm
You liked
steadyhorse
(@steadyhorse)
Peach Master

Thanks PorkchopBob, I haven’t seen that before, where’s the rest😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 8:38 pm
islalala
(@islalala)
A Peach Supreme

How long are they ( whoever "they" is ) gonna keep teasing with these table scraps ????

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 8:44 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Peach Extraordianire

@porkchopbob:  Thanks, unbelievable quality both audio and video on Don't Keep Me Wonderin'.  Just amazing what somebody has done and this wets my appetite for a full length concert film.  Obviously it's a painstaking process but if this is the quality we will be getting, well worth it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2021 10:40 am
You liked
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Extreme Peach
Posted by: @billastro

This turned up 7 days ago (on my 72nd birthday, no less!). Clearer video, but still not long enough.

Billastro

Out behind the stage left light tower. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2021 11:29 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

Wow! Taken down already! Grrr! 😫 

Billastro

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 15, 2021 2:37 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

🎵🎶Happy Belated Birthday Bill! caught the DKMW clip, real nice🤙

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2021 11:59 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
A Peach Supreme

@aiq Small Bucks Films LLC. Why keep demanding YouTube take this down?? I saw the band the first time in 1970 and I'm 74 now. If you wait too much longer to release this for commercial considerations, everyone who loves the original Allman Brothers will be past on. 

You may get 5 or 10 historians to purchase your closely guarded film. Not much of a money maker huh??

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 5:57 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@robertdee, I think it is a copyright protection reflex action on their part dee.

I am no lawyer but if you don't protect your property then anyone can use it and you lose your ownership rights. At least that is my crude understanding from the lawyers where I work.

In any case it does seem strange small bucks is hoarding that film. I would have thought the Allman Brothers organization would offer decent money for it but maybe not so we may never see it in our lifetime.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 7:24 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
A Peach Supreme

@bill_graham Thanks Bill. I understand and do not expect to see a release. 

Maybe this is all that exists. And probably, in my judgement, the sound is from the audio recording of those shows that WAS released about 20 years ago as Atlanta Pop Festival which I did purchase. Not sound on film. But that makes no difference if it's the actual audio from the shows which is the case. 

The band was developing a larger and larger following at this point because of their high energy shows and their new sound. At this point they had just one album out which flopped commercially selling just 30,000 copies. But Duane wasn't discouraged telling them they have a sound and band that was going to make it. Gregg wasn't convinced and when Idlewild South came out later in 1970,  it sold better but only 60,000 copies and Gregg was then very skeptical the band would amount to much. But Duane said we sound too good and we are too unique to fail. We'll do a live album next and get that fire on it that we have live. 

In 1973 the first two albums as you know we're re-released as Beginnings and the package sold over 600,000 copies and earning a gold record. I think Tom Dowd remixed the first album for this 1973 package. Just before the first album came out, Phil Walden made a thermometer chart with 10 levels. 100,000, 200,000 and up to 1 million. Phil said he was really surprised when it didn't even make it to the first mark but he still believed in them.  But Capricorn made a lot of money off those first and second albums after all when Beginnings was released in early 1973.  

Duane Allman was the founder of the band, it's inspiration and leader and the sparkplug of their firebrand live shows. 

I want to think Gregg and Dickey at least would have become successful to some degree without being in the Allman Brothers but one can't be sure. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 9:55 am
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Extreme Peach
Posted by: @robertdee

@aiq Small Bucks Films LLC. Why keep demanding YouTube take this down?? I saw the band the first time in 1970 and I'm 74 now. If you wait too much longer to release this for commercial considerations, everyone who loves the original Allman Brothers will be past on. 

You may get 5 or 10 historians to purchase your closely guarded film. Not much of a money maker huh??

Not sure why you tagged me?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

@stephen Thanks! I don't feel or act my age. My wife says she can't take me anywhere! (We love each other passionately, and can go deep. But she also says I'm her favorite goofball. Who could ask for anything more?)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 16, 2021 3:25 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

@bill_graham I think you're right on the mark. Years ago, according to urban legend, someone posted a family video on YouTube with some Prince music playing in the background. I think his organization just asked them to take it down with no legal repercussions. I think. But if it had stayed, it could have opened up a serious hole in his other copyrighted material. I think. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 16, 2021 3:28 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
A Peach Supreme

@aiq Sorry man I don't know why I did either. I think I was trying to respond to Bill Graham. Have a great weekend!!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 7:10 pm
aiq liked
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

Sadly I didn't think in time to download this. If anyone has a copy (someone with more foresight than I), I'd be glad to arrange a hostage exchange.

Billastro

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Billastro
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 17, 2021 8:28 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

http://www.read.gov/aesop/081.html

Billastro

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Share: