Clear all

Allman Brothers Band Discord

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Cubsballhawk
(@cubsballhawk)
Topic starter

Hey everyone. I saw that there really hasn't been a discord of the ABB created by the fans, for the fans. So, I just created one. We'll be sharing shows on there, photos, and just discussing everything Allman Brothers on there. Hope to see you all there.

Link:  https://discord.gg/2MgqYwkWcm

Posted : April 14, 2021 11:26 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Cool Cubsballhawk - discourse, dialog discussion - of course that can be done here too but mayb a new angle, a fresh perspective will energize things🎵🎶

am not much for discord tho😮🤙

Posted : April 15, 2021 12:13 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm....interesting. To me the word "discord" has a negative meaning. Maybe I am missing something. No offense, but I think I will probably just stick around here. To all the things that were mentioned in the initial post, this site provides it and them some. As we all know, things have really slowed down here as far as traffic and activity on the forum and I hate to take away from it. I dont use social media, for various reasons, but this is  my only form that I use.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 15, 2021 7:55 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@jszfunk I thought the same thing when I first heard of "discord". I thought this thread was going to be about Dickey and Butch 😉

But my understanding is Discord is like Slack meets WhatsApp, more of a messaging platform for work groups or gamers.

Thanks for sharing but I'm good here. And Facebook. And Instagram. Go Brewers.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : April 15, 2021 8:48 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I don't understand what a discord means in the sense of discussion of a band. I also thought it inferred a negative connotation.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : April 15, 2021 10:12 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Me too Porkchopbob. I was afraid to go there and take the chance of seeing a picture of Butch with his head back holding a gauze on his nose because Dickey had just popped him:) 

Posted : April 15, 2021 10:21 am
Cubsballhawk
(@cubsballhawk)
Topic starter

@robertdee @lee @jszfunk Sorry for not clarifying. "Discord" is a website that a good chunk of people use to talk, post photos/links, or to actually talk to one another through the website. Didn't mean to confuse all of you, no negative connotation at all. Just an additional fun place to post stuff on, but of course the forum is also great for that too.

Posted : April 15, 2021 11:02 am
VTAB
 VTAB
(@vtab)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @cubsballhawk

Hey everyone. I saw that there really hasn't been a discord of the ABB created by the fans, for the fans. So, I just created one. We'll be sharing shows on there, photos, and just discussing everything Allman Brothers on there. Hope to see you all there.

Link:  https://discord.gg/2MgqYwkWcm

Thought for sure another rehash of the well publicized "harmony" within the band. Thanks, I too like this site.  

Posted : April 16, 2021 3:49 pm
Share: