8 Users
2 Likes
dzobo
(@dzobo)
Reputable Member
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Would be nice if Scott Sharrard, Tommy Talton, Jaimoe, Chuck Leavell, Jack Pearson, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks and a number of others who were involved with Gregg over his career get to play with them here and there. 

Posted : September 14, 2021 6:39 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Great lineup of guests. Instant ticket buy for me tomorrow

Posted : September 14, 2021 9:21 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

I agree this is a must show to see. I saw ne of Warren Haynes "Last Waltz," shows and thought it was outstanding. This might be the same? The only time the tour is close to me is the opening night in St Louis. I'm gonna do my best to get some tix. 

Posted : September 15, 2021 9:21 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Presale tix for Boston on sale in 4 minutes

per Devon's facebook page

Presale code= REVIVAL2021

18 city tour! allmanfamilyrevival.com for tickets! Join us for the jam of the year!! All venues listed at website. 🎉. PRE SALE CODE : REVIVAL2021

Edit: just scored 7th row center seats at the Boston Orpheum which is one of my favorite places to see a concert. The good seats were $$$ but I look at it as an early Christmas present. I hate the winter but this show can't come quick enough for me.

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : September 15, 2021 10:57 am
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member

Anyone know the password for the presale? Sorry if I missed it. 

Posted : September 15, 2021 11:08 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@meandean see my e-mail above

Posted : September 15, 2021 11:12 am
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member

Got it. Thanks. Just saw the announcement for the show 10 minutes before the presale was starting. Kind of spazzed out. 

Posted : September 15, 2021 11:15 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@meandean Understandable as I panicked when I got the announcement and started searching for the presale code.  good luck getting tix, what show you looking at?

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : September 15, 2021 11:20 am
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

Pulled row 2 Tulsa.  Can't wait!!

Posted : September 15, 2021 11:50 am
Bill_Graham reacted
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

@rcgp2020 Devon said that he thinks that Kenny Wayne Shepherd will be on the first 4 shows

Posted : September 15, 2021 12:32 pm
meandean
(@meandean)
Estimable Member

Got Chicago Theater tix. Every time I tried to purchase a good set of seats in the middle sections, I got a message saying those seats were already taken. Had to settle for left side row P (I think), I was getting totally frustrated. 

Posted : September 15, 2021 1:31 pm
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

@joe_the_lurker That's kool to hear and I hope it pans out. I'm just ready to hear some great music as we celebrate Brother Gregg.  My wife was able to get 2 Tix in the 8th row for the first show in St Louis. 

Posted : September 15, 2021 1:55 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

If you go to Devon's facebook page he did a half hour video when he was announcing the concerts. He discussed some of the guest musicians and also mentioned that each musician will get to play one of their songs as well as play on an Allman Brothers song.

When he talked about Luther and Cody Dickinson he said we may get to hear a new NMA songs which would be a highlight for me as I love that band.

Devon said it takes him a month to create the set lists. Also said the concerts will be 3+hours so it should be a great night of music!

Posted : September 15, 2021 2:37 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I got good seats for Chicago. They weren't cheap though. They were twice what I have paid to see The ABB at The Beacon. Should still be fun.

Thanks to dzobo for posting that. I had no idea about this. Plus seeing NMAS is always fun. Who knows, maybe some other guys will show up. 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : September 15, 2021 2:41 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lee

I got good seats for Chicago. They weren't cheap though. They were twice what I have paid to see The ABB at The Beacon. Should still be fun.

Thanks to dzobo for posting that. I had no idea about this. Plus seeing NMAS is always fun. Who knows, maybe some other guys will show up. 

Yeah ticket prices for primo seats in Boston were $$$ but this is no ordinary concert so I felt it was worth the splurge in my case.

Glad I grabbed them on the presale as most of the front orchestra section center seats sold out already unless they held some back for the Live Nation presale tomorrow and general public sale Friday.

Maybe we will get lucky and some past ABB members will make surprise appearances? 👍  Tedeschi/ Trucks is playing the Boston Orpheum Saturday December 4th and have nothing on the schedule after that so if Derek and Susan hung out a few days they could join the fun.

I found out about this through Bandsintown email but you can also sign up at Live Nation for advance notice of new concerts before they go on sale.

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : September 15, 2021 2:53 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@bill_graham 

I haven't seen NMAS in a long time and Kenny Wayne in forever so I am pretty psyched. I agree that some other guys showing up would be cool. Nobody in this circle of musicians lives around Chicago so unless they are touring with a night off I doubt they will show up but it is still going to be a good show. 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : September 15, 2021 3:19 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@bill_graham Yes Derek and Susan would be perfect. Anybody that played or toured with Gregg should sit in and Devon and Duane love that. 

Tommy Talton would be a nice surprise. And Chuck Leavell and Jack Pearson. Warren Haynes and Scott Sharrard would be naturals. And Jaimoe and Bill Stewart. 

How about Cher? Just kidding. 

Posted : September 16, 2021 5:55 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@robertdee Devon mentioned on his Facebook page that there will be other surprise guests during the tour so I am keeping my fingers crossed we get some of the old guard making appearances.

Posted : September 16, 2021 9:16 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Allman Betts with nice instrumental. Great slide guitar from Johnny. 

Posted : September 21, 2021 10:37 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Not a fan of mobile tickets and got my Boston Orpheum Theater hard tickets for this concert in the mail this past weekend. Not the old fashioned Ticketmaster tix with barcode but instead they have an RFID chip built into each paper ticket that will be scanned at the gate.

This is a new one for me so hope this new tech works with no hassle.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : September 27, 2021 9:40 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

See ya in So Cal!

Posted : September 28, 2021 9:11 am
Share: