JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

No Sleep Til Hammersmith!

Posted : September 11, 2020 10:56 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Should dig the video out, it may be this show, it was one of the June '91 European shows, where toward the end of Whipping Post Gregg teases the melody/piano line of "Delta Blue" a song they recorded but didn't eventually include on "Shades of Two Worlds."

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : September 11, 2020 11:26 am
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@oldcoot "Delta Blue" is a solid song, it would have broken up Shades nicely. I always thought Shades had the biggest gulf between really good songs and filler ("Bad Rain", "Midnight Man").

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 11, 2020 11:35 am
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Wow on a quick listen to some of this show the boys sound really good. Might have to figure out how to grab this off of Youtube!

Posted : September 11, 2020 3:01 pm
peccles
(@peccles)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @steved

Wow on a quick listen to some of this show the boys sound really good. Might have to figure out how to grab this off of Youtube!

Try 4K Video Downloader at 4kdownload.com.  You just copy the url of the YouTube video into the app and it will let you chose all available qualities.

Posted : September 11, 2020 3:26 pm
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

@peccles Thanks for that info. Will give it a whirl!

Posted : September 11, 2020 3:43 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I was at that gig at the Hammersmith Odeon and it was excellent ... it was broadcast on BBC radio which is why the recording was such good quality ... I supplied numerous copies of this recording to various folks in the trades section of this site several years ago. By the way, the video mentioned above of a show on this tour was from a gig in Germany, not London.

Posted : September 11, 2020 6:22 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Share: