Clear all

Your favourite version of Dreams

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Poetry1
(@poetry1)
Topic starter

Ok, this is my favourite Duane track with the band - what is your favourite version (including bootlegs)? Mine would be the 1971 Stonybrook one.

Posted : May 19, 2016 4:54 am
spoonbelly
(@spoonbelly)
Estimable Member

I always thought the one on Atlanta POP was my favorite. It is clean, crisp and right to the point. It is not any long jam version.

Posted : May 20, 2016 3:52 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member

Brewer Fieldhouse; U of MO; 2/28/71. Duane did some very interesting playing with his timing relative to the rest of the band. I never heard him do this anywhere else.

Billastro

Posted : May 20, 2016 4:50 pm
Poetry1
(@poetry1)
Topic starter

Brewer Fieldhouse; U of MO; 2/28/71. Duane did some very interesting playing with his timing relative to the rest of the band. I never heard him do this anywhere else.

Billastro

Thanks for the tip, will listen to it.

Posted : May 21, 2016 12:20 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member

Billastro

"Elizabeth Reed" is mighty good, as well.

Billastro

Posted : May 22, 2016 6:25 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Estimable Member

Billastro

"Elizabeth Reed" is mighty good, as well.

Billastro

Thanks, always good to have a reason to listen to these shows again

Posted : May 24, 2016 12:30 am
shane-o
(@shane-o)
Trusted Member

Billastro

yea man this one is real good...BUT they are all good and different so that's a hard one

Posted : June 1, 2016 2:41 pm
scotiadave
(@scotiadave)
Estimable Member

Billastro

Always the one that springs to mind here too

Posted : June 14, 2016 1:46 pm
philipag
(@philipag)
Eminent Member

I've never heard the Brewer Fieldhouse version, but the Stonybrook '71 version is great. Very Coltranesque.

Posted : October 28, 2016 9:32 am
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Estimable Member

I've never heard the Brewer Fieldhouse version, but the Stonybrook '71 version is great. Very Coltranesque.

give it a listen

Posted : October 29, 2016 1:19 am
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Reputable Member

Both these versions are at the top of my list also " Brewer Fieldhouse version, but the Stonybrook '71 version is great."

Posted : October 29, 2016 3:30 am
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

any version Duane is on.

Grin Grin Grin

Posted : October 29, 2016 11:11 am
WaitinForRain
(@waitinforrain)
Prominent Member

From Jan 1971:

Dreams is stunning. Nobody can match the fire or the joy pouring out of Duane on a good night. Not even Derek has that sky-high joy.

[Edited on 10/30/2016 by WaitinForRain]

Posted : October 29, 2016 4:26 pm
Share: