You Don't Love Me

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I came across a recording of the ABB doing You Don't Love Me shortly after the death of King Curtis. Before going into YDLM Duane talks about King Curtis and how great a person he was. Then ABB go into a fantastic YDLM. The recording is cut short after Duanes great solo. Not having many of the live recordings from back then, this is new to me.
Can anyone tell me what show this is and if there is a recording out there with the quality as good as this one.

Here is the link:

https://chordify.net/chords/the-allman-brothers-band-you-dont-love-me-jimmy-pals

You can ignore the bouncing square as it is supposed to show the chords/notes being played but it looks way off to me.

I would appreciate anyones help here. Thanks

Posted : May 8, 2016 7:21 am
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Reputable Member

They just released as a 2 cd set. Check amazon

[Edited on 5/9/2016 by Dan]

Posted : May 8, 2016 9:06 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

I came across a recording of the ABB doing You Don't Love Me shortly after the death of King Curtis. Before going into YDLM Duane talks about King Curtis and how great a person he was. Then ABB go into a fantastic YDLM. The recording is cut short after Duanes great solo. Not having many of the live recordings from back then, this is new to me.
Can anyone tell me what show this is and if there is a recording out there with the quality as good as this one.

Here is the link:

https://chordify.net/chords/the-allman-brothers-band-you-dont-love-me-jimmy-pals

You can ignore the bouncing square as it is supposed to show the chords/notes being played but it looks way off to me.

8/26/71 A&R "Live" studio broadcast in front of maybe 25 people. You can find this whole show via a trade with someone here.....
Cool

Posted : May 8, 2016 9:25 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dan and BigV. I appreciate the info.

[Edited on 5/8/2016 by paulw718]

[Edited on 5/8/2016 by paulw718]

Posted : May 8, 2016 12:14 pm
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Reputable Member

The jam at the end is fantastic...Duane & Dickey having a blast!! I Have a great boot if you are interestested. PM me.
Dan

Posted : May 8, 2016 4:33 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Estimable Member

Here is the link:

Here is the link to this on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7AQQKY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=L2J0WM6TB7CJ&coliid=I1HDGEWS9XJ4V3

Posted : May 9, 2016 3:58 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dan, I appreciate the offer. Homeboy listed the amazon link and it was so much easier for me to just buy it from amazon. An mp3 download was only $9.95 and that is fine with me. Again, Dan, Thank you for the offer to get me the show. It was a Peach of an offer(get it)?

Thanks, Homeboy for the link. I downloaded the show and it is phenomenal.

Posted : May 9, 2016 9:46 am
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Reputable Member

Enjoy!!!!

Posted : May 9, 2016 1:28 pm
mkmossop
(@mkmossop)

Cool thanks never heard of this. Just got the whole album.

Posted : May 13, 2016 7:46 am
ScottC
(@scottc)

FYI, this version of "You Don't Love Me" was first released in 1989 as part of the "Dreams" box set. As someone said, it was the crown jewel of the box set. The entire show is well worth having.

Posted : May 16, 2016 9:58 am
Share: