The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

New Duane Show?  

RSS
Bryan4100
(@bryan4100)
Peach Pit

On Guitars101 somebody posted a show from April 29,1970 in the lossless bootleg section. The night of the Twiggs murder.... The tape quality is lousy, but it is a Duane tape I never seen or heard before. Makes you wonder what else is out there from the original band.
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/allman-brothers-buffalo-ny-alliotas-lounge-april-29-1970-first-set-flac-419337.html

Posted : July 16, 2017 12:16 pm
shane-o
(@shane-o)
Peach Head

thank you so much for this!!!!!! it is not the best sound but its not the worst...they do black hearted woman outskirts of town and an EXCELLENT PRETTY WOMAN...EXCELLENT...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2017 7:23 am
shane-o
(@shane-o)
Peach Head

and a long long Statesboro blues with a smoking harp player I though was ace but I think they introduce him as jimmy mack??? end of Statesboro...this could be cleaned up....and be real good...

[Edited on 7/17/2017 by shane-o]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2017 7:25 am
shane-o
(@shane-o)
Peach Head

the intro Barry talks about the outskirts is priceless

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2017 10:28 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
World Class Peach

Can someone please make this easier to access?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2017 11:02 pm
Bryan4100
(@bryan4100)
Peach Pit

I put a link in the the last line that should take you right there. But looking through the lossless section will show ABB stuff from Duane to various other eras, even some that I would consider of questionable legality. For instance Ludlow's Garage with Liz Reed included.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2017 2:24 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Peach Master

On Guitars101 somebody posted a show from April 29,1970 in the lossless bootleg section. The night of the Twiggs murder.... The tape quality is lousy, but it is a Duane tape I never seen or heard before. Makes you wonder what else is out there from the original band.
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/allman-brothers-buffalo-ny-alliotas-lounge-april-29-1970-first-set-flac-419337.html/blockquote >
Wow ! I don't believe a lot, if any, on this site have heard this before. Thanks so much !

[Edited on 7/20/2017 by homeboy]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 1:30 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

I feel goofy asking this, but how can I download this? Or even listen to it? I tried to register, but the link doesn't work so far.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Billastro

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 5:16 am
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Peach Pro

I have this on my dropbox. If no one has posted a download link when I get home from work, I will do so. I've also corrected the speed of the show.

Sal Capitano

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 11:06 am
Bryan4100
(@bryan4100)
Peach Pit

In this post the guy has a link in red that says Link. That is how i got the show. It is not typical though. You usually get three or four file sharing links. I find the one called File Factory works the best. I always scan with the antivirus, before opening these files. Some files need 7Zip to use. You don't have to join to download, but you do get the the Search feature, which will give you a list for the band you want. Besides ABB, I got a lot of Clapton/Cream, Rainbow, Deep Purple etc, and almost all my Hendrix off this site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 3:28 pm
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Peach Pro

Here is a link to mt Dropbox. I have only adjusted the speed of the show. It's a little rough but it's the original 6
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9gtv5n8ct9v2tz/AACqMBRGhayIBZFfEoVksWTda?dl=0

[Edited on 7/21/2017 by salcapitano]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 4:12 pm
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Peach Pro

Here is my Dropbox link.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2017 7:24 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Peach Master

Here is my Dropbox link.

Nice, Sal

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2017 1:28 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

Thanks. I'll have to try it at home. My work computer has firewalls. I know they're necessary, but grrr! all the same.

Billastro

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2017 8:38 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

Thanks, again. I downloaded it, converted the flacs to wmv and all is well.

This opens up a whole new line of questions. How many Duane-era shows are at other locations, posted by people who might not even know about this website?

Billastro

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2017 6:02 am
salcapitano
(@salcapitano)
Peach Pro

Good question. I keep searching.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 17, 2017 9:47 pm
TheBabe714
(@thebabe714)
Peach Master

Thank you everyone!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2017 6:15 am
Evansf
(@evansf)
Peach Head

I recently acquired this show. It's an early show. The sound quality is lousy. It sounds pretty muddled. It's a shame because it is of historical value. This may be hopeless, but is there anyone out there who can tweak this show where it is listenable?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2017 4:57 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Extreme Peach

Can someone start a vine for this show, please?!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2018 7:00 am
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Extreme Peach

Peg- check your PM's....

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2018 8:27 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Extreme Peach

Thanks, Gary! 😀