D&D with Duane Allman; Capitol Theater, Portchester, NY, 12/4/70

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Serendipity: I found another D&D w/DA show out there, from the Capitol Theater, Portchester, NY, 12/4/70. The place to download it is http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/d.html . As far as I can tell, it's the real deal.

1. Layla
2. Key To The Highway
3. Blues Power
4. Have You Ever Loved A Woman
5. Bottle Of Red Wine
6. Got To Get Better In A Little While
7. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad
8. Let It Rain (end of concert)

Billastro

Posted : November 16, 2016 12:53 pm
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member

False Alarm! Save the heart attacks. It's just Curtis Hixon. Good sound though. Better than my tape. Those Duane solos there remain the greatest guitar playing I've ever known. Miraculous, really.

Posted : November 16, 2016 2:43 pm
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about because I couldn't find that show but I found this one: delanyandbonnie1971-07-22.asx. Guaranteed to be Duane because the announcer mentions his name and you can tell by the slide that it is Duane. Oh... This one also has Kenny Gradney and Sam Clayton of Little Feat Fame. This is a darn good show.

I almost forgot. Greg Allman is also there and King Curtis is there and I believe this was his last show before he died. Definately a must have for any Duane fan.

OK... I got D&B(Delany and Bonnie) confused with D&D. So, There are no D&D shows that have Duane on them that I know of. The Show Bilastro was referring to is all over Youtube. It is horrible quality and not worth listening to. The Show I found of D&B is excellent quality and just great. It has a few acoustic songs then an electric set. Just a great, great show with great, great musicians. The song, "Come on, in My Kitchen" was from this show. Give it a listen. You may ju t like it.
[Edited on 11/17/2016 by paulw718]

Posted : November 16, 2016 3:06 pm
spoonbelly
(@spoonbelly)
Estimable Member

Would I be too old fashioned by asking if maybe you could vine this show?

Posted : November 17, 2016 4:10 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

Would I be too old fashioned by asking if maybe you could vine this show?

I would like to but I don't know how to vine anything. If you go to the web page Bilastro listed, you can download the entire show by clicking on either WMA or MP3. It is really simple. trust me. I did it and if I can do it, anyone can. Even a caveman!!!! LOL!!!! But seriously. just go to the web page Bilastro listed and find the show.

Posted : November 17, 2016 5:18 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Sad but true. No new music here. It's better sounding, and the gaps between songs are present, but that's about it. Sigh.

Billastro

Posted : November 23, 2016 6:44 am
Share: