Clear all

Dickie betts reunion IN 2017

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
tomtoride
(@tomtoride)
Topic starter

Lets get the ole brothers back together this year Greg? bury the hatchet man time is ticking .
Pick up the bell ringer and call Dickie and get this band out on the road again...

Posted : January 4, 2017 2:41 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Seems like a good time to bump this idea up.

Posted : January 26, 2017 2:59 pm
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

The Allmans are not going to get back together now that Butch died.

Before Butch died there was some possibility; but even if they were going to reunite they would have just used Jack Pearson and Warren. Betts is not in good health and Derek had a festival that was local to Dickey, invited him to play and Dickey did not show up.

Posted : January 31, 2017 6:47 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

At their ages, I don't think there's been any hatchet there to be buried for a long time now -- TheNewt how recent is that info that "Betts is not in good health"?

"Man, in the scheme of life we ain't got no contract"
RIP, brother Butch

Posted : January 31, 2017 9:04 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)

That's the real Dickey.

Interview with Butch and Dickey from 1984

[Edited on 2/3/2017 by gina]

Posted : February 2, 2017 3:54 pm
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

At their ages, I don't think there's been any hatchet there to be buried for a long time now -- TheNewt how recent is that info that "Betts is not in good health"?

"Man, in the scheme of life we ain't got no contract"
RIP, brother Butch

For a long time now.

This interview is very difficult to watch. 🙁

Posted : February 20, 2017 7:05 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Current, that interview is not

haven't heard/read anything else to suggest Dickey is healthy, active & enjoying a hard-earned & well deserved retirement -- all good

Posted : February 23, 2017 9:57 am
Abracadabra
(@abracadabra)

Life is now .. .... time has past .. .... our bodies have grown old .. .... and the music will play on forever .. ....

Posted : May 23, 2017 9:00 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Jaimoe is still around, so is Oteil, Marc, Warren, Dickey and the people in Dickey's band. There will not be another ABB here on earth, but there could be some of these musicians playing in different configurations.

Up in heaven Duane is playing with Danny Toler, Berry, Butch, Gregg with others sitting in. Think about it, ABB has an eternal band, since it is heaven, what else would those musicians be doing? And there's no concert curfews with fines if they play too long.

This life we live down here is for us to become the best we possibly can, once we achieve that or God realizes we will never achieve that no matter how long we are here, for various reasons, he calls us home. That's how it works.

Posted : May 28, 2017 3:30 pm
wearly89
(@wearly89)

I was in a seance the other night and we contacted Duane Allman and he said he has recently joined up with Duke Ellington and Frank Sinatra.

You heard it here first!

[Edited on 8/27/2017 by wearly89]

Posted : August 26, 2017 6:00 pm
MACONMUSIC
(@maconmusic)
Trusted Member

I was in a seance the other night and we contacted Duane Allman and he said he has recently joined up with Duke Ellington and Frank Sinatra.

You heard it here first!

[Edited on 8/27/2017 by wearly89]

Haaaaa, funny....Would love to hear a slide guitar version of "Fly Me To The Moon" or "Take the A Train"!!

Posted : September 12, 2017 7:10 pm
Share: