Butch, statements from Dickey's Manager

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Gregg indicated that Dickey was invited to the Beacon but he would not be coming because he was on a hunting trip. Dickey's manager on the other hand vehemently denies that Dickey was invited. Spero says:

"At any rate, there has been no, I repeat, no communication between anyone in the ABB camp and Dickey or anyone here. Feel free to reach out, my number is 216-381-5544 ".

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/the-gregg-allman-dickey-betts-feud-rages-on/

Dickey did an interview with a radio station promoting a charity event he is doing in Sarasota on Saturday Nov. 1, so we know he was NOT away on any trip, people are perplexed.

No one is saying if he was invited to the Beacon and did show up that somehow this epiphany of reconciliation would occur among the band, and the band would go on and not retire, (though there are people in that camp). Many people just feel that Dickey should be invited at least for the anniversary show. Well there you have it. I'm not going to start the Bring Back Betts rant, which was actually created by Tom Seeks, that's right, he developed it, I just kept it going.

If it was a band decision NOT to invite him, people have to accept that. If you want to see how he plays, you could go to the charity event on Saturday after the Beacon run. His daughter's band is playing, Berry's son's band is playing, and there are world class chefs coming to help out with a barbecue.

https://floridawinefest.org/f/

Gregg said he will be back at the Beacon with his own band, and I know we will be seeing Derek and Susan's band, and Devon will continue sleeping on couches and eating nasty tacos till he gets further up the ladder of music and enlightenment. The music doesn't stop when a band retires, people just pursue their own personal interests, "there ain't no revolution, there's only evolution anyway" - Duane.

Shine it on!

[Edited on 10/28/2014 by gina]

Posted : October 22, 2014 10:06 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)
Topic starter

Spirit of 76 has posted on another thread.

posted on 11/6/2014 at 06:47 PM
UPDATE. Butch has been on facebook confronting David Sperro about this. Butch says that as of Oct 20th when David issued his statement no reach out had happened. After that date Butch says there was contact made for Dickey to play on the Sat the 25th show. David agreed that this happened but it was turned down as the plan was to have Dickey only perform during the 2nd set with little to no rehearsal. He felt it was to disrespectful an offer. Butch then stated he would be putting this all in writing for his book.

Remarks: All the Butch-bashers will have to realize they were wrong. Dickey was asked and chose not to come.

Posted : November 6, 2014 2:23 pm
Share: