Clear all

Pay what you can afford

15 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
tag988
(@tag988)
Topic starter

This in response to a thread that I refuse to add to.

The Tuesday show was awesome. These ARTISTS are playing their heart out, and if you can't see that you're an asshole. I've been to 20 or so at beacon. Allmans are not "off night" sorta band. Bands have off nights. Tues was not one of them. Just a different vibe night (like every night). There within is the beauty. Anyone that does not see that is kinda shallow. Sorry. Hit last nights show as well. Went with two co-workers. One off the boat from Hong Kong, the other from nyc, born and bread. I was almost in tears to see chinese good friend cheering during 2nd set. My nyc bread bud taking it all in like a religious experience. And me feeling both.

Only a selfish POS would have a view of "mailing it in". If my father lives to 70, I'll be so very happy. Previous topic is disgraceful in my humble, educated, been there opinion.

Peace,

Tim

Posted : October 23, 2014 8:06 pm
Trace12118
(@trace12118)

Amen to that, brother!

Posted : October 23, 2014 8:29 pm
Mule75
(@mule75)

I couldn't agree more. First two shows were great.

Posted : October 23, 2014 8:42 pm
redlegs
(@redlegs)
Estimable Member

thanks for keeping it real man, I'm coming for the last two and can't wait. I've been itching for months now with anticipation. God bless the ABB for 45 years of kicking ass. 4 more times to see them kick it again. people gotta be haters...I wish they would go somewhere else to do it. Lets celebrate until the last hit note on Tuesday ...plenty of time to be sad after that.

Posted : October 24, 2014 6:01 am
bump827
(@bump827)
Estimable Member

I guess I'm a POS. Thank you, may I have another?

Posted : October 24, 2014 6:25 am
Pete
 Pete
(@pete)
Trusted Member

I think that if anyone feels let down its because of their own expectations not the band's performance. I think a lot of people were expecting some kind of once in a lifetime, mind blowing shows because this is the last run. Instead what they are getting is a solid typical Beacon show. Well, it's good enough for me!

[Edited on 10/24/2014 by Pete]

Posted : October 24, 2014 6:39 am
mustangbob
(@mustangbob)
Trusted Member

Nice post Tag

Posted : October 24, 2014 6:51 am
ABBfan78
(@abbfan78)

The Tuesday show was awesome. These ARTISTS are playing their heart out, and if you can't see that you're an asshole. I've been to 20 or so at beacon. Allmans are not "off night" sorta band. Bands have off nights. Tues was not one of them. Just a different vibe night (like every night). There within is the beauty. Anyone that does not see that is kinda shallow. Sorry. Hit last nights show as well. Went with two co-workers. One off the boat from Hong Kong, the other from nyc, born and bread. I was almost in tears to see chinese good friend cheering during 2nd set. My nyc bread bud taking it all in like a religious experience. And me feeling both.

Only a selfish POS would have a view of "mailing it in". If my father lives to 70, I'll be so very happy. Previous topic is disgraceful in my humble, educated, been there opinion.

Peace,

Tim

People like this make me LAUGH. just because someone has a different opinion then you, you need to call them a POS AND an asshole? the only asshole here is you TIM. some people don't see everything with rose colored glasses, i was at both shows and if you think Tuesday night they were "playing their hearts out" then you need to get you ears checked. it was one of the weakest ALLMAN brothers shows ive seen, but so what? shit happens, they aren't all gonna be AMAZING. but its assholes like you that give all the older people on this site, whom i have respect for, LOOK BAD. you sound like a drunk who just got back from the show, i hope you didn't beat your wife up tim

Posted : October 24, 2014 6:58 am
tag988
(@tag988)
Topic starter

ABBfan78 , beat my wife? Really? Well, maybe a few slaps here and there. In a loving way.

Telling people not to go is not an opinion.

I did not enjoy the show... is an opinion.

Posted : October 24, 2014 10:07 am
fanfrom-71
(@fanfrom-71)
Noble Member

. they aren't all gonna be AMAZING.

But...but...they're all....EPIC! 😮 😉

Only a selfish POS would have a view of "mailing it in".

Interesting.
So if someone who bought a ticket and didn't enjoy the show...in their opinion, is a POS, does that mean someone who did buy a ticket and did enjoy the show...in their opinion, is a POS also?
I'm old and confused...

Posted : October 24, 2014 10:36 am
bump827
(@bump827)
Estimable Member

Peace,

Tim

People like this make me LAUGH. just because someone has a different opinion then you, you need to call them a POS AND an asshole? the only asshole here is you TIM. some people don't see everything with rose colored glasses, i was at both shows and if you think Tuesday night they were "playing their hearts out" then you need to get you ears checked. it was one of the weakest ALLMAN brothers shows ive seen, but so what? shit happens, they aren't all gonna be AMAZING. but its assholes like you that give all the older people on this site, whom i have respect for, LOOK BAD. you sound like a drunk who just got back from the show, i hope you didn't beat your wife up tim

Clap clap clap.

Signed - a POS

Posted : October 24, 2014 12:01 pm
BillyBlastoff
(@billyblastoff)
Famed Member

I just bought one for Tuesday. I pulled the trigger. It wasn't so bad.

Of course my six little ones won't get anything for Christmas, but... Daddy's happy.

Posted : October 24, 2014 1:09 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

No reason to get nasty, people. We have all seen some amazing Allman Brothers shows over many years, and a Beacon show gets heard 2500 different ways. The bottom line is we all love this band, and those of us who get to see them even one last time should feel lucky since there are plenty of people who would gladly trade places with you this week if possible. They were great at Wanee and a Gregg-less show in March, and I can't imagine a dip in quality could possibly be that severe. I'm going Saturday (Jaimoe, too!) and Tuesday and I can't wait. It may not be the greatest Allmans show you have ever seen, and sporadic playing together and no guests bring a new energy to Beacon shows, but try to enjoy these shows for what they are - The End of the Line.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 24, 2014 1:29 pm
BillyBlastoff
(@billyblastoff)
Famed Member

They were great at Lockn' too! 😀

Posted : October 24, 2014 1:46 pm
mustangbob
(@mustangbob)
Trusted Member

I just bought one for Tuesday. I pulled the trigger. It wasn't so bad.

Of course my six little ones won't get anything for Christmas, but... Daddy's happy.

Hey congrats on pulling the trigger. As you know it was the right decision.

Posted : October 25, 2014 12:55 am
Share: