8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
fensranger
(@fensranger)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

As March approaches i always think back to the great month of Beacon shows. I walk by the theater every day on my way home from work and cannot believe what has transpired in the short time since the Beacon run ended. So many great performances and guests.

Wondering who everyone's favorite shows and guests were.

A few of mine were Stanley Clarke, Tai Wilkenfeld who seemed smaller than the bass and Boz

I think i probably caught about 30 Beacon shows over the years. Wondering how many the true record holders saw

Posted : February 9, 2018 5:55 am
Edge
 Edge
(@edge)
Trusted Member

Yup, March just ain’t the same........

Posted : March 2, 2018 4:22 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Andy!~ My favorite shows were the ones with you!

Many many great memories for me at the Beacon. I know we all feel the same, whether I was attending that year or just waiting here for setlist updates, or watching moogis, or listening to...was it taperrob that did a stream of his recordings? Or just anticipating an upcoming Beacon trip or looking back on a recently concluded one - what an amazing time of year it was to be an ABB fan!!! Good times!!!

Posted : March 19, 2018 6:22 pm
geedub
(@geedub)

by now I'd have the tickets, hotel and plane lined up and ready to go. In place of the anticipation and fun, we now have darkness and death. sometimes it's good to be old.

Posted : February 22, 2019 11:25 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

It's still there...in our heads. Be thankful for the good times and memories.

Posted : March 12, 2019 6:51 pm
detterm
(@detterm)
Estimable Member

Anticipation of the trip to NYC for Beacon weekend is the only thing that got me through winter in northwest Pennsylvania.

Posted : March 23, 2019 12:03 pm
hankpipes
(@hankpipes)
Estimable Member

Remembering the 40th anniversary show 10 years ago tonight. My son came down from Boston and went with me. Epic evening of wonderful music.

Posted : March 26, 2019 4:42 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

I just went through the Ticketmaster shuffle to get TTB Beacon tix!! The road goes on forever.

Posted : April 9, 2019 7:46 pm
Share: