16 Users
108 Likes
46 K Views
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

My wife is in London now - don't think she will participate in Gin day .... 

Posted : June 5, 2023 11:02 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I don't think I would be partaking of gin if I were in London ... you can buy a bottle for the price of a couple of drinks in that city ...

Hope she has a nice time ... weather is pretty good down South, unlike my neck of the woods at the moment ...

Posted : June 5, 2023 6:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

This fine stuff?

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : June 7, 2023 7:15 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Not keen on Beefeater personally ... for a little bit more money you can get the far superior Tanqueray ... which is my favourite of the basic London Gins ...

a0a8f15a f9ae 4392 82ff 6c63cccb4d61 1745945499

Posted : June 7, 2023 9:19 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Sad news about the passing of Clay Pelland yesterday ... never got to meet him but he and Skip were both very generous in sending recordings to me so that I could spread them to other fans over here in the UK ... as was a venerable member of this thread of course ...

Posted : June 7, 2023 9:35 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Finally, I am a grandpa!  My son and his wife welcomed Everly Ellen Vogelsang this morning.  A few weeks early, but 6 lbs 4 oz and 19-1/2 inches. ❤️ 

Posted : June 7, 2023 2:08 pm
harvey reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Congratulations Grandpa Sang!

Posted : June 7, 2023 3:05 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! Amusing  

Posted : June 7, 2023 7:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @harvey

Sad news about the passing of Clay Pelland yesterday ... never got to meet him but he and Skip were both very generous in sending recordings to me so that I could spread them to other fans over here in the UK ... as was a venerable member of this thread of course ...

Same thing for me. He sent me a bunch of stuff, just for the hell of it. I had a mailer that he and I sent back and forth several times. He always sent me more than I ever had for him. Seems like he had everything. Very generous guy.

As an aside, those were very fun times. I still have a bunch of stuff in storage somewhere that I need to download.

Posted : June 7, 2023 7:20 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Not keen on Beefeater personally ... for a little bit more money you can get the far superior Tanqueray ... which is my favourite of the basic London Gins ...

-- attachment is not available --

I was trying to be tongue in cheek. I actually thought Beefeater was swill.

Posted : June 7, 2023 7:23 pm
harvey reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Goooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Chicago Blues Festival Weekend!

Looking forward to today. I really need to hear some live music and this is the perfect avenue for it. I will report back in the morning because I know you will all want a review. Wink  

Posted : June 8, 2023 7:42 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Back from a camping trip, it was relaxing and thankfully uneventful.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:25 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

-- attachment is not available --

Tanqueray all the way!!!

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:27 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Posted by: @sang

Finally, I am a grandpa!  My son and his wife welcomed Everly Ellen Vogelsang this morning.  A few weeks early, but 6 lbs 4 oz and 19-1/2 inches. ❤️ 

Congratulations Grandpa! They are the best! Fortunate enough to have five. Cool  

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:28 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Very sad indeed. We talked many many times, unfortunately never met in person. He loved the ABB music and loved to generously help spread it to the faithful.

Posted : June 8, 2023 5:31 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Goooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Weekend Friday! 

Doesn't mean anything to most of you I guess but it does to me! Smile  

Colin is going to like tomorrow's greeting. Wink  

Posted : June 9, 2023 7:20 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Anybody ever heard of this beer? Sang?

It's made by a company called "Alter Brewing". They have locations in Downers Grove, Oak Brook and St. Charles (Chicago burbs).

I just saw the hippy can last night in a restaurant so I am going to try to find it. They have other brews as well.

If I can snag some, some of you look for The Pony Express. Laugh  

Posted : June 9, 2023 7:31 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

For Harvey:

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol World Gin Day! Smile  

Now this is world, not just national or international so it applies to Coot as well cuz who knows wott planet he is from. Laugh  

Posted : June 10, 2023 6:32 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

wott's on anyone's schedule this weekend? We were supposed to go to a cookout tomorrow which might get pushed to today due to the weather. Duane Betts is supposed to play in the neighborhood at some point today, but I can't get an answer about it. His website has it but the venue (a famous hot dog joint of all things) didn't know wott I was talking about when I called. And I think there's a $25 cover. Steep for a weekend street festival, even in Chicago but I will pay it. 

Trying to get a ticket to see James McMurtry tonight but I'm running into problems with that. 

Since it is supposed to be sunny and 85 degrees I have a feeling we will just have drinks and music on the roof tonight.

Tomorrow's high: 62 degrees. Shock  

Posted : June 10, 2023 7:22 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Got a major downpour last night or I would have been weeding the garden today. Kind of got a head start while we were camping. Will have to get out there tomorrow instead. That's my weekend plan but maybe I should mix in some gin since it's World Gin Day.

Posted : June 10, 2023 3:26 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Saw a couple bands tonight - 9 Days and The Fray.  They were both very good.  Also got to hold my granddaughter again today...

Posted : June 11, 2023 12:41 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Happy Sunday Gents - 

Given the dramatic drop in temperature I forecast a day of watching baseball on a couch. There is a band playing at a club called "Martyr's" this afternoon. I guess they are some kind of country/rockabilly/honkytonk group. The club is really cool and I have seen some good groups in there like Steve Earle, Devon Allman, some blues and others. Plus it's free. If it stinks I'm only out a little time and maybe the cost of a couple of beers. I haven't been to this place since pre covid. My potential weekend music plans all fell apart.

Posted : June 11, 2023 7:52 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Picked up my wife at O'Hare yesterday from her trip to Europe - had to rush to see the new granddaughter ... Love Confession  

Posted : June 12, 2023 6:52 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Gooooooooooooooooooood 'ol National Weed Your Garden Day! Right up the ally for some of you. :d  

Well, not literally since usually the only things that grow in allies are weeds. 😉 

Posted : June 13, 2023 7:06 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Congrats again on the baby. I don't imagine she resembles anyone in particular yet right?

This post was modified 11 months ago by Lee

Posted : June 13, 2023 7:07 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Posted by: @sang

Picked up my wife at O'Hare yesterday from her trip to Europe - had to rush to see the new granddaughter ... Love Confession  

Was she born while your wife was gone?

Posted : June 13, 2023 4:12 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Posted by: @lee

Gooooooooooooooooooood 'ol National Weed Your Garden Day! Right up the ally for some of you. Grin  

Well, not literally since usually the only things that grow in allies are weeds. 😉 

I see your spellcheck must be malfunctioning.... Wink  

Got the weeds under control, they had a pretty good head start whilst we were camping. Fighting  

Posted : June 13, 2023 4:14 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Watched some of the Denza/BBart Rory Gallagher video project last night. That dude could play.

Posted : June 13, 2023 4:17 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yes, she was born while my wife was gone.  They were going to induce on 6/15 (which was after she was getting home), but her water broke on the 6th and she was born on the 7th.  She was 4 weeks early, so only 6 lbs 4 oz and 19-1/2 inches - she is a little peanut, but beautiful.  She has blonde hair (like my son - although he is bald now).  Wott a great experience!

Posted : June 13, 2023 6:10 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Uh Oh.

Good 'ol National Bourbon Day!

I shall not be partaking! 

Posted : June 14, 2023 6:54 am
Page 55 / 80
Share: