New Peach Corps Member From Cincinnati

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Peach2112
(@peach2112)
Topic starter

Hey everyone!

Been a casual lurker on these forums in recent years. Usually, I'm on reddit posting in the subreddit, but it sadly does not get the response I was hoping compared to here.

Been a fan of the Brothers since I was in grade school, after hearing the Allman Joy's cover of "Crossroads" and their "BB King Medley." My dad owned the Dreams boxset, where the large green mushroom on its face incited me to listen. I had no idea what the "drug connection" was, nor what I was about to hear, but became attracted to the beauty of the artwork. I started with the Allman Joys and other early projects since it was the first CD in the set, and sifted my way through everything else until I heard "Don't Want You No More/It's Not My Cross to Bear." I had found my favorite band. That song sold me on how amazing the Brothers were, and they still are my favorite band of all time.

I'm a 21 year old guy who plays drums primarily, while trying to fix any lick on the guitar. I just visited Macon this past week for the second time and felt at home. The place has an old archaic feeling to it, but also just feels cozy. Rose Hill is my favorite spot.

I walk by the Ludlow Garage all the time, and walk into the Ace Hardware store next door where there is a giant painting of the Ludlow album cover right as you walk into the door. I've talked to the manager of Ace a few times who's a huge Allman fan (though appreciates Dickey more than I and is smitten about his departure from the band in the 2000s). I always think of the Brothers as I drive or walk by.

My favorite songs are Liz Reed, Don't Keep Me Wondering, Don't Want You No More/Cross to Bear, Trouble No More, Black Hearted Woman, Dreams (from Ludlow), Please Call Home, Leave My Blues at Home, Mountain Jam (from Ludlow), Little Martha... The list goes on.

I'm hoping to get some more young people into the Allmans. It is overlooked by many people, and upsets me. They are absolute fire when hittin that note (especially with Duane). After telling anyone with an ear on why they are one of the best bands, people just appreciate my enthusiasm for them and don't go searching. I love the band, but just listen to them! They're amazing!

Anyways, a rant and love from a passionate young fan. May the road go one forever... 🍄🍄🍄

Posted : June 5, 2018 5:39 am
sckeys
(@sckeys)
Honorable Member

Hey peach2112, that Macon trip sounds great. Keep practicing those instruments.

Posted : June 5, 2018 1:10 pm
Share: