Hello from the great white north!

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
canuckABBfan
(@canuckabbfan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I'd like to introduce myself before I start posting and making myself at home.... I'm Brad, a 49 year old ABB fan from the north.

Hope you're all doing well and you'll all put up with my questions and rantings on the forums! 😀

I can't even remember when I first bought Fillmore East.... I loved it and had to hear more which I did. I lost a bit of my enthusiasm when Reach For The Sky came out but glad to say that I've seen the light once again and I'm happy to have found this comfy place!

I started to get reacquainted a few years ago when a friend lent me his copy of Gregg's album Low Country Blues.... I started buying some of the more recent albums and loved the ABB sound once more.

Another interest was Derek, I'd heard he was Butch's nephew but didn't even know he was in the band.... I first seen him on Clapton's Crossroad DVD and I was blown away.... I had to know more and hear more!

Since then I've seen his band with Susan live, I was in the third row and wow! I've seen many of the great guitarists over the years and he certainly is in the top category of the greats and still so young!

Sadly the ABB rarely played here over the years..... I seen them in 91', 92' and 94'. All those shows were Warren and Dickey with Allen... I also seen Dickey's band in 89' with Warren and I think Matt. I'm certain the ABB didn't play here through the 2000's or I would have been there.

Recently I got to see Gov't Mule and loved it.... Warren's an amazing guitarist and I love that he'll play anything that he likes.

I noticed some posts by Butch and Brittany while I was searching the site, so cool to see their posts... do any others from the Band or Family post here?

Anyways.... hope to meet you all!

Brad

Posted : November 7, 2014 11:33 pm
Quinn
(@quinn)
Trusted Member

welcome & enjoy Cool

Posted : November 10, 2014 6:34 am
canuckABBfan
(@canuckabbfan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome Quinn!

Brad

Posted : November 10, 2014 4:14 pm
Lissajess
(@lissajess)
Estimable Member

Welcome Brad. Keep up the enthusiasm!

Posted : November 10, 2014 5:18 pm
fanfrom-71
(@fanfrom-71)
Noble Member

Aloha from the great white sand south! 😀

Posted : November 10, 2014 5:32 pm
canuckABBfan
(@canuckabbfan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcomes Lissajess and fanfrom-71..... I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time here!

Posted : November 10, 2014 10:31 pm
oldblue
(@oldblue)
Estimable Member

welcome Brad from Carleton Place, a small town near Ottawa. Langley ? Is that a suburb of Vancouver ?

Posted : November 11, 2014 6:14 am
canuckABBfan
(@canuckabbfan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thank you for the welcome oldblue..... yes, I'm close to Vancouver.

Posted : November 11, 2014 6:18 am
Share: