15 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
Breck
(@breck)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Greetings,
Seems it is the end of an era. I am letting go of my extensive bootleg CD collection that I have so carefully amassed over the years as it seems many of us at a certain age are doing. I have around 345 CD jewel case (some with 3 CD’s in them some with 2 some with 1). The jewel cases all have computer printed (readable) inserts. Many different bands primarily Allman Brothers Grateful Dead related. I have made a display case holder (nothing fancy) for them all to be easily visible and organizable. I am looking for a good home for this collection free of charge. I am in Whatcom County Washington. Please let me know if you want this collection (or know somebody who would – and are in the Whatcom County Washington area) or if you have ideas of what to do with such a collection to find a good home.
Thanks everyone it has been a great time!
E-mail = ABB654@comcast.net

Posted : February 18, 2016 7:55 am
PeachNutt reacted
PhotoRon286
(@photoron286)
Noble Member

Good luck.

For two years now I've been trying to give away Hugh Duty's collection.

Hardly any traffic on this site any more and facebook people just don't understand what I'm doing.

Posted : February 18, 2016 12:23 pm
IF
 IF
(@if)
Reputable Member

I’ve been struggling with the same dilemma. My collection is pretty massive and not necessarily well organized, some are DVD’s filled with flac files. Always thought about contacting the local university to see if there might be interest, otherwise another option would be to just give them away via a site like craigslist.

Posted : February 18, 2016 12:57 pm
hastings
(@hastings)
Estimable Member

Sent you an email

Posted : February 18, 2016 1:35 pm
garrydempsey
(@garrydempsey)
Trusted Member

Yeah I feel your pain. I spent many years and many dollars accruing a fine collection of music thanks mostly to the generous folks on Hittin the Web. When i first started it was pretty difficult as being in Australia I had to send B&P's with international money things and most people just sent me the discs for free because their post offices couldn't handle the vouchers.Now I still treasure all this music, but streaming has just about made CD's obsolete. havent bought or played one in months.

Posted : February 21, 2016 12:46 am
Breck
(@breck)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for everybody’s input. Does seem to be the end of an era... Thanks to all for the good times and the sharing that has gone on here at this site. This collection of well labeled CD’s; the jewel cases; and the 4 foot by 2 foot 6 inch homemade rack they currently live in are still available for free. I am in Whatcom County in the great state of Washington! Take care everyone,

Posted : February 21, 2016 10:32 am
Fruh
 Fruh
(@fruh)

I would be willing to help you re-home some of your collections. I have not traded or been on here in quite some time. Have yet to abandon cd's. And like stuff (especially music stuff). But I'm in Maryland. I have been picking up odds and ends for yrs, Black Crowes, Allmans, Dead......An always want more. If any of you guys want to unload, I can spring for actual shipping costs (depending on just how much it is). PM me. Thanks

[Edited on 2/26/2016 by Fruh]

Posted : February 26, 2016 6:39 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I still use CDs alot. If you would like to contact me I'd be interested in acquiring some and we could work out some sort of deal. Send me a pm if you like. Thanks.

Posted : March 2, 2016 7:23 am
Breck
(@breck)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

See new related topic:

http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=141332#pid

Posted : March 25, 2016 12:40 pm
(@Anonymous)

If anyone is looking for a home for their collection please PM me.

Posted : February 16, 2021 7:35 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

I hear the pain in those trying to find home for their physical media.

I still collect and listen to CD's and vinyl and have a collection of real silver disc bootlegs numbering over 500 real CD's.

I still enjoy them all but it will be interesting what my family does with them once I pass on as they have no interest in my music and prefer to stream anyway.

I am not sure that record stores would even buy these bootlegs? In any case if they do my family would get pennies on the dollar I am sure.

Posted : February 16, 2021 8:58 pm
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

I have about 2,000 that I'd be happy to give.   I guess they're dinosaurs!!

Posted : February 16, 2021 11:24 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

I have some of these CDs - thank you again, they are in a good home!  Wow this post was way bumped.

I just burned some flac to wav CDs today.  I die hard.

Hell, I even played some cassettes Thursday night!

Posted : February 16, 2021 11:46 pm
nypeachhead
(@nypeachhead)
Trusted Member

I am in the slow process of transferring everything I have to digital. I will let you know when the project is complete. By the time I get it done, cds will be back in fashion....LOL

Posted : March 25, 2021 12:11 pm
7TurnsFan
(@7turnsfan)

@peachnutt - If you still have any old cd's you would like to find a home for I'd be interested. I still use cd's and have a young son who I'm passing the tradition on to. Main interests would be bootleg/live Allman Brothers (especially 1990 and later), Government Mule, Derek Trucks, some others. I would be happy to work something out with you.

Posted : April 29, 2021 3:23 pm
Share: