Defective CD or "defective" release?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
DLee12
(@dlee12)
Topic starter

Hi -

I recently bought a factory-pressed silver original of the ABB 1CD "The Lost Warehouse Tapes" on the Golden Rain label, and it's great, except that there is quite noticeable & annoying clicking or "digital noise" in roughly the first 3 minutes of Track 1 ("Statesboro Blues") & roughly the last 3 minutes of Track 9 ("Blue Sky").  Anyone else out there have one that has the same, or is it just mine?  I would very much appreciate hearing back from anyone who could kindly & helpfully just let me know - thanks very much.

The Lost Warehouse Tapes

Posted : June 5, 2021 2:13 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @dlee12

Hi -

I recently bought a factory-pressed silver original of the ABB 1CD "The Lost Warehouse Tapes" on the Golden Rain label, and it's great, except that there is quite noticeable & annoying clicking or "digital noise" in roughly the first 3 minutes of Track 1 ("Statesboro Blues") & roughly the last 3 minutes of Track 9 ("Blue Sky").  Anyone else out there have one that has the same, or is it just mine?  I would very much appreciate hearing back from anyone who could kindly & helpfully just let me know - thanks very much.

The Lost Warehouse Tapes

Hard to tell unless you have another copy to compare it to but this release is not an official band release but rather a European grey market release which evidently are semi legal there.

The labels who do these releases use audio from bootlegs and downloads so they are not always the best quality so I am guessing the digital noise was on the source they used.

Posted : June 6, 2021 9:51 am
Share: