In Memory Of Bob Levy (9/2/53 - 1/1/22)

8 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

It is with heavy heart that I have to announce the passing of brother Bob Levy. 

Bob was crucial to my initiation into the world of the Allman Brothers Band. I met Bob here in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1990 or 91. Before I even saw my first show. Bob was the guy I got all my early Duane era ABB bootleg cassettes from years ago. He has seen the band with Duane Allman on several occasions and as such was the perfect person to learn about the band from. Bob was also a great photographer and took photos of the band at different points in their career. I'll try to attach some of his photos.

I lost track of Bob around 1998 and left messages on the old website forum asking about him. I finally reconnected with him this past summer and it was as if all the years melted away. We bonded once again and this time over both of us being medical marijuana patients here in Pennsylvania

Bob was really really sick the past month or two and I have to imagine his life was suffering that entire time, so while I will always miss him I am assured that his pain is no more and that he is delight to the angels of Heaven.

Gonna miss ya man.

Allman Brothers Band
IMG 20220101 113034
IMG 20220101 113041
zzzups6
zzzdbrfk

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Jack_Frost

Posted : January 1, 2022 12:32 pm
Topic Tags
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jack_frost

It is with heavy heart that I have to announce the passing of brother Bob Levy. 

Bob was crucial to my initiation into the world of the Allman Brothers Band. I met Bob here in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1990 or 91. Before I even saw my first show. Bob was the guy I got all my early Duane era ABB bootleg cassettes from years ago. He has seen the band with Duane Allman on several occasions and as such was the perfect person to learn about the band from. Bob was also a great photographer and took photos of the band at different points in their career. I'll try to attach some of his photos.

I lost track of Bob around 1998 and left messages on the old website forum asking about him. I finally reconnected with him this past summer and it was as if all the years melted away. We bonded once again and this time over both of us being medical marijuana patients here in Pennsylvania

Bob was really really sick the past month or two and I have to imagine his life was suffering that entire time, so while I will always miss him I am assured that his pain is no more and that he is delight to the angels of Heaven.

Gonna miss ya man.

Allman Brothers Band
IMG 20220101 113034
IMG 20220101 113041
zzzups6
zzzdbrfk

I did not know the man and sorry to hear about his passing. It is sad to hear when one of old ABB fans finally pass on.

Great pix thanks for sharing. Was he a member here and if he was what was his forum name?

Posted : January 1, 2022 3:04 pm
Rusty and Jack_Frost reacted
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@bill_graham I don't think he posted very often, but I believe when I got back in touch with him I think he said he used to post on the old blue site (which seems to be gone now) under the name playallnite. I know he said he never saw the band after 1994 at Montage Mountain (future site of the Peach Music Fest) for whatever reason.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Jack_Frost

Posted : January 1, 2022 3:33 pm
Bill_Graham reacted
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Here is Bob's obituary and funeral information in case there are any folks online here from or in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area that knew him:

https://www.hetrickbitnerfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Robert-Joseph-Levy?obId=23554578#/celebrationWall

Posted : January 5, 2022 9:46 am
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

My condolences Jack.  Thank you for the post and the pictures.  The first one showing Gregg at the keyboard is one of my favorites.  I also like the one where Warren is playing a Strat.  May your friend Rock In Peace. 🌹 😎 

Posted : January 5, 2022 9:56 am
Jack_Frost reacted
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

FB IMG 1641177928087

here's a great photo of Jerry Garcia that Bob took at RFK Stadium on 6/10/73

Sure am gonna miss my friend.

Posted : January 5, 2022 8:32 pm
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

derekand toy

here's a photo Bob took of a young Derek Trucks with the late Toy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band and his father Chris Trucks at a Duane Allman tribute show in the Philadelphia area on 10/29/91

Posted : February 20, 2022 9:53 pm
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Someone named Tony had sent me a private message asking about Bob Levy, but I cannot respond because it says I am blocked. If this is you, email me at: Blind_Arthur_Blake@yahoo.com

Posted : October 22, 2023 12:44 pm
Share: