Gregg's Kids-Opinions on Their Music?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
missuny1969
(@missuny1969)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey y'all, I hope you're doing well. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Recently I decided to check out some of the music done by Gregg's kids, and I'm curious to know what folks think of their music. I'm not here to say any of them are terrible, because I don't think they are. This is just my personal opinion on their music.

I think out of the four musical kids, Devon is the most soulful and talented. He's a great guitarist and singer, and I think he has a very unique voice that, while different from his dad, is quite powerful. I actually really enjoy the band he's in with Duane Betts and Berry Oakley Jr. I also like Layla Brooklyn; while her music is different from Devon's, I think she puts a lot of soul into her music, and I think she also has a really good voice.

As for Michael and Elijah, I think they're both pretty good. I kinda feel like Michael more talks-sings then actually sings, and sometimes I feel like he's forcing himself to sound like his dad. I do think he puts effort into his performance though. As for Elijah, I think he's a pretty good singer and guitarist, however I'm not really into industrial/punk rock. Like Michael, I think he puts a lot of effort into his music.

Overall, I think Gregg has pretty talented kids. Music is subjective though and everyone's gonna have different opinions, but I don't think any of them are bad.(Both as people and as musicians)

Freelance artist by daylight, music lover also by daylight.

Posted : September 28, 2020 1:59 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

They're all fine doing their thing. I just want to say I love the Skunk Ape pic.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/839740660/skunk-ape-ladies-short-sleeve-t-shirt?ref=shop_home_active_6

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 29, 2020 10:39 am
missuny1969
(@missuny1969)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@porkchopbob Oh thanks! I was wondering if anyone was gonna recognize skunk ape. I thought it would be fitting.

Also I love that skunk ape T-Shirt.

Freelance artist by daylight, music lover also by daylight.

Posted : October 3, 2020 8:27 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
Share: