Gregg would play with Dickey again!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
drjoek
(@drjoek)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

You’ve added more Allman Brothers songs to the Gregg Allman Band set list, including “Southbound”—and when you play that you always make sure to announce that Dickey Betts wrote it. You guys had a very bitter public falling out in 2000. Why do you say that?

Because he should be credited for writing a very good song! Like they say, time heals. I haven’t seen him in a very long time and would be very open to it. In fact, I would love to play with him again.

So are you saying that…?

...just to jam! I love my band and I’m pretty set for guitar players, but I’d love to see Betts. We had our ups and down and all our demons. We had our problems, our ins and outs and our public embarrassments on both sides. But that’s all way behind us now. There’s nothing at all wrong with forgive and forget.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gregg-allman-plans-his-solo-future-1438184295

Posted : July 29, 2015 12:58 pm
tbomike
(@tbomike)
Noble Member

You’ve added more Allman Brothers songs to the Gregg Allman Band set list, including “Southbound”—and when you play that you always make sure to announce that Dickey Betts wrote it. You guys had a very bitter public falling out in 2000. Why do you say that?

Because he should be credited for writing a very good song! Like they say, time heals. I haven’t seen him in a very long time and would be very open to it. In fact, I would love to play with him again.

So are you saying that…?

...just to jam! I love my band and I’m pretty set for guitar players, but I’d love to see Betts. We had our ups and down and all our demons. We had our problems, our ins and outs and our public embarrassments on both sides. But that’s all way behind us now. There’s nothing at all wrong with forgive and forget.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gregg-allman-plans-his-solo-future-1438184295

Good for Gregg. Good to see him also make clear he is not talking about anything but just jamming and letting the past go. You should post this is anything goes though so it gets seen.

Posted : July 29, 2015 1:36 pm
Share: