Spring - my favorite time of year to be outside

7 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I hate summer, too hot, too humid.  Grass is all dry and dead.  Sweaty sticky.  Things are different different parts of the country of course.

Man I love being outside in the spring.  Fall is great too, but something about the spring after being inside most of the winter (Ohio) and getting outside, and things are coming back to life, buds on trees, leaving doors and windows open, outside cleaning and preparing for more outdoor living.  The chill of the morning and evening sandwiched around wearing just a long sleeve or even short sleeve shirt during the day, no jacket.  We've had wonderful weather this March!

Posted : March 27, 2021 10:31 pm
StratDal reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

I am with you Nebish. I love spring as it brings warmer weather here in New England and I can resume one of my favorite activities of sitting on my deck at sunset, sipping wine while barbecuing and listening to good music.

I grilled some salmon for the family tonight while drinking a nice Cali Pinot Noir and listening to the ABB final 2014 Beacon Theater concert.

For me it does not get much better than that.

Posted : March 27, 2021 11:12 pm
nebish reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

I prefer fall . The transition from summer into the cooler months of late Sept,Oct, and November.  I like Summer, but not a heat and humidity guy. I also enjoy Winter.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : March 28, 2021 2:30 am
nebish reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Interesting topic. I think a lot of people have a particular season that they like the best, especially if they live in an area that there is a changing of the seasons. Living in the Midwest we get all four. On its own autumn is my favorite. I love the smell of the leaves, the changing colors. On the other hand, I know winter is coming which I hate. I like spring too because we just got out of that blasted winter, the weather is getting better and oh yeah, it is baseball season!

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : March 28, 2021 6:33 am
nebish reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Spring is nice and all, especially after a long Winter, but it's just the appetizer for Summer. Almost everyone is more active, happy, and having more fun during warm summer nights - whether it's outdoor concerts, beers at the beach, backyard cookouts, or just watching thunderstorms roll in.

I grew up in the midwest and hate Winter. It's depressing, it's bleak. I have a winter birthday and stopped planning for it years ago because a blizzard would always roll in. The first snow fall is always pretty, but by January I'm over it. The winters weren't as bad when I lived in NYC, but they were more gross because all of the salt and foot traffic would turn the snow black and wet and it gets tracked into every building.

There are some nice days in Fall, I like a crisp Oktoberfest or football Sunday, but most of Fall weather is gross, pre-Winter: cold sleet or bitter winds.

But now I live where it's perpetual Summer, so I have no complaints. I can go to the beach on my birthday.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 28, 2021 10:21 am
cyclone88 and nebish reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Another thing I really like are the bare trees.  Or naked trees if you want to see it that way.  Seeing the skeletons of the trees and the sky and clouds through the branches and watching them whip in the wind and then getting to this point in spring now they start to get buds and some color on the skinny gray branches.  I like the trees in the spring.

Posted : March 29, 2021 11:18 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It's also my favorite time of year to drink beer!  Cheers!!

Posted : March 30, 2021 10:51 pm
Share: