Opinions on the shut down?

125 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

I'm genuinely interested as to why you think that (& you're not alone). Do you think he's afraid of what they'll say or trying to save them from prison?

Because I think it will signify Mueller has something on Trump. There’s no way in hell Trump Jr and Kushner set up a meeting with the Russians in Trump Tower about using the stolen emails, without Trump knowing in advance and giving the ok. By indicting those two, Trump is the last final piece.....unless he resigns to avoid the trouble - a deal offered by Mueller - just go away or be indicted when you leave office. Trump can pardon his friends and family all he wants, but what good does that do him if Mueller decides to use what he has and indict him?
[Edited on 1/28/2019 by BoytonBrother]

Thanks. You're right. Jr & Jared couldn't order lunch for a meeting much less set up the Russia conspiracy meeting on their own.

Trump, of course, could pardon them before they're indicted if he thought Mueller was getting close. Not clear that Trump can pardon himself, but Pence as his successor can.

We don't know that Trump (& others) haven't already been indicted under seal. I think Stone's indictment worked that way. What Trump CAN'T do is pardon crimes that are state not federal crimes. There are already 3 states looking/have looked at the campaign, business, and foundation.

IMO Trump regrets winning & can't find a way out.

I think his biggest regret is that his own actions over the past 2.5 years have led to numerous investigations into his decades long illegal behavior. From Fred Trump's illegal tax evasion schemes to shelter his wealth for his children, to Donnie's decades long money laundering schemes for the mob, Russian oligarchs, foreign monarchies, etc. All which stand to come to light and may even land him and some of his family in prison.

But perhaps Little Donnie's biggest regret will prove to be the bursting of the bubble that suggests he's some sort of genius business man and financial guru. For many of us we knew he was nothing of the sort and only a good con man running a years long ponzi scheme.

Now, many more people around the world know he's nothing like what he portrays himself to be. For an egomaniac and narcissist like Trump, when the false perception implodes, it can prove devastating. He's potentially in for a hard fall and he knows it.

Maybe he will hang himself.

He better have a strong rope as his fat @ss may snap the rope well before the rope snaps his neck. All kidding aside, he looks like he's aged a decade and put on about 30 pounds in pretty short order. I suppose being caught between Vlad Putin, Robert Mueller, and Anne Coulter will do that to a man.. 😛

Posted : January 30, 2019 11:18 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

I'm genuinely interested as to why you think that (& you're not alone). Do you think he's afraid of what they'll say or trying to save them from prison?

Because I think it will signify Mueller has something on Trump. There’s no way in hell Trump Jr and Kushner set up a meeting with the Russians in Trump Tower about using the stolen emails, without Trump knowing in advance and giving the ok. By indicting those two, Trump is the last final piece.....unless he resigns to avoid the trouble - a deal offered by Mueller - just go away or be indicted when you leave office. Trump can pardon his friends and family all he wants, but what good does that do him if Mueller decides to use what he has and indict him?
[Edited on 1/28/2019 by BoytonBrother]

Thanks. You're right. Jr & Jared couldn't order lunch for a meeting much less set up the Russia conspiracy meeting on their own.

Trump, of course, could pardon them before they're indicted if he thought Mueller was getting close. Not clear that Trump can pardon himself, but Pence as his successor can.

We don't know that Trump (& others) haven't already been indicted under seal. I think Stone's indictment worked that way. What Trump CAN'T do is pardon crimes that are state not federal crimes. There are already 3 states looking/have looked at the campaign, business, and foundation.

IMO Trump regrets winning & can't find a way out.

I think his biggest regret is that his own actions over the past 2.5 years have led to numerous investigations into his decades long illegal behavior. From Fred Trump's illegal tax evasion schemes to shelter his wealth for his children, to Donnie's decades long money laundering schemes for the mob, Russian oligarchs, foreign monarchies, etc. All which stand to come to light and may even land him and some of his family in prison.

But perhaps Little Donnie's biggest regret will prove to be the bursting of the bubble that suggests he's some sort of genius business man and financial guru. For many of us we knew he was nothing of the sort and only a good con man running a years long ponzi scheme.

Now, many more people around the world know he's nothing like what he portrays himself to be. For an egomaniac and narcissist like Trump, when the false perception implodes, it can prove devastating. He's potentially in for a hard fall and he knows it.

Maybe he will hang himself.

He better have a strong rope as his fat @ss may snap the rope well before the rope snaps his neck. All kidding aside, he looks like he's aged a decade and put on about 30 pounds in pretty short order. I suppose being caught between Vlad Putin, Robert Mueller, and Anne Coulter will do that to a man.. 😛

True dat but the squirrel sitting on top of his head seems to still be a healthy orange or blond or whatever color it is. 😛

Posted : January 30, 2019 2:10 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Nancy Pelosi said today there will be no money for the wall, she wants MORE ports of entry!

“There’s not going to be any wall money in the legislation,” the top House Democrat told reporters, adding that more ports of entry or additional border technology was on the table for negotiation."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-shutdown/pelosi-no-wall-money-in-u-s-border-deal-talks-idUSKCN1PP28J

REMARKS: The Democrats and Republicans are NOT on the same page at all. The Democrats want more ports of entry for people to come into the US. I would like to think that she means people legally applying for asylum who have something to contribute to the US, but this fight between both sides has been about ILLEGAL immigration so we really need some clarification from Congresss!

Posted : January 31, 2019 11:33 am
gina
 gina
(@gina)

2-1-19

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/428064-trump-good-chance-i-will-declare-emergency-to-build-wall

President Trump said Friday there is a “good chance” he will declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I think there’s a good chance we’ll have to do that,” Trump told reporters in the Cabinet Room of the White House.

The president suggested he may reveal more details about his plan to build the wall in Tuesday's State of the Union address, saying people should “listen closely” to the speech.

Posted : February 1, 2019 12:07 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

2-1-19

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/428064-trump-good-chance-i-will-declare-emergency-to-build-wall

President Trump said Friday there is a “good chance” he will declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I think there’s a good chance we’ll have to do that,” Trump told reporters in the Cabinet Room of the White House.

The president suggested he may reveal more details about his plan to build the wall in Tuesday's State of the Union address, saying people should “listen closely” to the speech.

If this finds its way to SCOTUS, it will be interesting to see how his appointees view his facade of an emergency.

Posted : February 1, 2019 1:01 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: