NBA 2022

332 Posts
15 Users
22 Likes
24.7 K Views
tbomike
(@tbomike)
Noble Member

Good win for the Celtics last night. I would like to see them go on a streak.
The Lakers have a strong roster. Very deep. They will be the team to beat.

Yeah that was a good win....anytime the Lakers go down!
Liked the Celts uni's last night.

Lillard drops 61 on GSW. It took everyone of those to beat a 10-35 Warrior team.

How about that 52-12 run last night? 2nd awesome game in a row. More of that ball movement and defense please.

Posted : January 23, 2020 10:15 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Amazing comeback by Sacramento last night - goes to show.....
W/Harden & Westbrook resting & Houston basically conceding the game, Eric Gordon, a player I’ve knocked before, 50 points to beat Jazz - again you never know

Crucial one in Miami tonite, a win gets us to a half game of them - let’s go Celts

RIP Kobe Bryant, a terrible loss - tonight’s LAL-LAC game ppd

[Edited on 1/28/2020 by Stephen]

Late edit, a good road win tonite w/out Jayson and Enes - I swear we play better when key guys are out, but for sure we don’t want that

Also, Victor Oladipo returns for Indy - Pacers are going to be right in the thick of it, rest of the way & playoffs -

[Edited on 1/29/2020 by Stephen]

Posted : January 28, 2020 4:03 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Late edit, a good road win tonite w/out Jayson and Enes - I swear we play better when key guys are out, but for sure we don’t want that

No Marcus, no Kemba, no Daniel, no sweat last night - there’s a very unique dynamic on our team this year - keep it going Celts - Toronto, uh-oh - Bucks continue to rule yes, but Tor is Going - Jazz suddenly L5

Posted : February 6, 2020 8:21 am
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Noble Member

Toronto is going to win the East.

The team is still solid and every player has produced more and that has covered Kawhi's missing points.

It won't be easy but I think that go to the Finals.

Posted : February 6, 2020 8:57 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Personally, am not in favor of retiring KG’s #
Only 6 of his 20 years were spent here - great 1st year winning the title w/Paul, Ray et al in 2008 - the remaining 5 years, averaged 14-15 ppg - .....

Having your # retired means you should have played most if not all of your career there - it’s become sort of devalued, not as meaningful - sort of thought that w/DJ & Max also, altho Cedric was a draft pick & won 2 titles - DJ won 2 titles also....

Yeah Walton wore #5 also, but really only had that one great year here, in ‘86
IMHO we’ve been too quick to retire numbers in recent years

Good win for the boys tonite, they stuck w/it, great stuff!:D - we benefitted from John Ringo’s early exit (no Jayl for us) - let’s go Celts

[Edited on 2/14/2020 by Stephen]

Posted : February 13, 2020 6:52 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

This complicated four way trade where Houston dealt Clint Capela and a 1st round draft pick and got Robert Covington and Jordan Bell in return is most interesting. Capela has been a very solid center for them for 4 or 5 years, making this deal very hard for me to understand.

Obviously Houston Coach Mike D'Antoni and Houston management are ALL in on small ball and clearing the paint for James Harden and Russell Westbrook to work. But what happens now if you have to face the Lakers in a 7 game playoff series? You try and defend Anthony Davis, LeBron James and Javale McGee with Robert Covington and Jordan Bell? For my money, they'll get TERRORIZED.

Yeah, Harden and Westbrook are offensive FORCES. But I cannot see this trade, no how, no way.

Disappointed here that the Warriors didn't get in on the Clint Capela sweepstakes, I think he would fit right in next year when Curry and Thompson return.

[Edited on 2/16/2020 by robslob]

Posted : February 16, 2020 9:54 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BUCKS @LA LAKERS this Friday. This should be interesting.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 2, 2020 11:07 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

W/no Jays, & Gordon out for 2nd half, our lack of depth showed up last night & we lost it in stretch run - 62-36 4th qtr & OT

Credit must go to LeVert, their guard - not since IT was in town has anyone put on a show like that - 37 of his 51 in 4th qtr & OT

Yep great game Friday w/Bucks-LA, then our turn next Thurs Smile

Posted : March 4, 2020 12:08 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

HUGE question for the upcoming off-season: Who wins the Antentekoupo sweepstakes? Rumor is that the Warriors are already packaging a deal including Andrew Wiggins and the 1st round pick they landed in the same trade. Bucks may trade instead of getting nothing for him when free agency hits.

Wouldn't Giannis just love to play with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson?

Posted : March 5, 2020 5:25 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

HUGE question for the upcoming off-season: Who wins the Antentekoupo sweepstakes? Rumor is that the Warriors are already packaging a deal including Andrew Wiggins and the 1st round pick they landed in the same trade. Bucks may trade instead of getting nothing for him when free agency hits.

Wouldn't Giannis just love to play with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson?

Would like to see players like him and others just stay put. Who says he has to leave?The Bucks might step up and sign him and I hope they do. I am not sure why it's always assumed or protocol for these guys to leave after their contract is up.
I guess to build these " super teams" or get with friends or buddies to dominate for the most part.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : March 5, 2020 5:55 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It would be nice to see him stay in Milwaukee for a while, and I'm not just saying that as a Bucks fan. The NBA doesn't benefit from treating its small-markets as farm teams for the Lakers. Imagine if Curry had bolted for the Lakers just as he was bringing the long-suffering Warriors over the hump? The NBA is too thin of a league to sustain super teams - as it is, only 6 teams in the East are above .500

Giannis is leading the top team in the league, hard to give that up and start over somewhere else. I imagine the Bucks will do what they can to keep him, though I doubt he will be in Milwaukee forever. I also doubt he would pull a Durant and join the Warriors right now, a team that needs some work to get back to where they were just a season ago. What could GS even give up for Giannis? This isn't the same franchise that got hosed on the Monta Ellis-Bogut/Jackson deal

But it really depends on how this season ends up. If they don't make it to the Finals this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Giannis starts gazing at other teams that are already contenders.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 5, 2020 6:38 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

It would be nice to see him stay in Milwaukee for a while, and I'm not just saying that as a Bucks fan. The NBA doesn't benefit from treating its small-markets as farm teams for the Lakers. Imagine if Curry had bolted for the Lakers just as he was bringing the long-suffering Warriors over the hump? The NBA is too thin of a league to sustain super teams - as it is, only 6 teams in the East are above .500

Giannis is leading the top team in the league, hard to give that up and start over somewhere else. I imagine the Bucks will do what they can to keep him, though I doubt he will be in Milwaukee forever. I also doubt he would pull a Durant and join the Warriors right now, a team that needs some work to get back to where they were just a season ago. What could GS even give up for Giannis? This isn't the same franchise that got hosed on the Monta Ellis-Bogut/Jackson deal

But it really depends on how this season ends up. If they don't make it to the Finals this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Giannis starts gazing at other teams that are already contenders.

I would be willing to put money on the Bucks for finals.

Posted : March 5, 2020 9:31 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I watched Mutombo take down the Sonics, and Baron Davis take down the Mavericks. Nothing is guaranteed.

And if they do make the Finals, Leonard's Clippers are right behind the Lakers in the West...

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 5, 2020 10:02 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Is this the current NBA thread? Found it on page 12 or something.

I'm watching a little Utah - New Orleans tonight. Turned into a good game here at the end. I haven't seen Quin Synder since he was at Missouri that's how long I've been out of the basketball loop!

Posted : July 30, 2020 5:12 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

I love sports just as the rest of us, but to make along story short, they should just call this season a wash and be done for now.

Posted : July 31, 2020 3:54 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I love sports just as the rest of us, but to make along story short, they should just call this season a wash and be done for now.

I'm as bummed as anyone, as a Bucks fan. They really looked like they'd win it all, and they still might. But momentum in sports means so much.

I applaud the attempt at the "bubble", especially as we see MLB failing to contain the virus in their dugouts. Just have to wait an see.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 31, 2020 5:48 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Happy birthday Bob Cousy, 92
The Houdini of the Hardwood
“We love ya Cooz”

Posted : August 9, 2020 2:55 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, the Bucks's season came to an end. I think had COVID not derailed the season in March, they would have gone all the way - definitely won the East at least. The months off and reboot killed their momentum, they looked gassed. But it happened. What ever team wins in Orlando is going to have an asterisk (even had it been the Bucks) through no fault of their own. Maybe battling through this many COVID hoops makes the title even more of a challenge. There has been some tough basketball being played lately.

2020 sports are weird. Other than strikes and lockouts, I'm not sure seasons have been affected like this since WWII.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 10, 2020 9:18 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Red Auerbach is immortalized in a statue

Harry Sinden should be too

Harry turns 88 today - they both had equally long/successful careers in Boston

Harry began his B’s coaching career right when Red was concluding his w/C’s - at 37 yrs old.....after having been player-coach the previous 6 seasons in minors

He’s a hockey prodigy if there ever was one, & few anywhere are more deserving to be “immortalized in bronze” than Harry Sinden 

Happy Birthday to this career Bruin

Posted : September 14, 2020 9:58 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Let’s go Celts, tough one w/Miami (C’s-Lakers final?)

Posted : September 14, 2020 10:01 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Disappointing - thought we’d win this series

however, AD & LeBron are Shaq & Kobe, Kareem & Magic, Jerry West & Elgin Baylor all over again - devastating tandem - don’t know if we could’ve beaten them - Miami won’t, as good of a ball club as they are

could be 2 celebrations in LA next month, Dodgers also the favorite, in baseball tournament 

wait til next year - hopefully everyone returns for C’s

Posted : September 28, 2020 8:50 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@stephen Miami just has that look some teams get. The way they blew through Milwaukee, the Celtics never stood a chance. Congrats on going that far.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 29, 2020 9:17 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

To be honest, I really  have not been paying attention to the restart of this NBA season. I mentioned this before, but they should have just shut it down and called it a day for 2019-2020. Just my opinion.....the championship game and winner will be anything but a legit "normal" season outcome. Hard to celebrate that. It would be interesting to see what the viewership of these games are. The folks I have talked to , who are sports fans are mostly  "meh" about it.   I guess I could be onboard maybe if it was a consistent season/shortened like the MBL, with no interruptions.

Posted : September 29, 2020 3:29 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@jszfunk I haven't watched much or been paying much attention either. But players got paid and TV and stadium crews worked so it can't be all bad.

I was thinking about the asterisk the 2020 champ will have. But is it less legit or more impressive? No travel, but the bubble might make it more difficult to succeed.

Guess we'll just have to wait 20 years for the ESPN 30 for 30: The Bubble episode.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

GOAT - that’s LeBron in my book - greatest all around player of them all, incl Russell, Wilt, Jordan, Oscar, Magic, Bird....

& Rafa - unparalleled level of tennis - another equally great player, Djokovic, Had No Chance - greatest clay court player ever

wonder what NBA will do next season - 50-60 games mayb w/no preseason, then back to regular schedule w/fans starting as normal about a year from now, Oct 2021 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : October 12, 2020 9:06 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@stephen LeBron is great, but he's no Jordan.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : October 12, 2020 9:21 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🤙True PCBob - but Jordan is no James either - fans of both have sound reasons, I don’t see it as hands down for either player - both among the game’s best ever

if the Harden deal goes through Kyrie would now be third option on the Nets & an afterthought - he deserves better, he’s a great player 

Phx might surprise people w/Chris Paul joining Booker, Aron Baynes etc

Freeing up Westbrook to be ‘the man’ might improve Houston, we shall see

....or will we???

Let’s Go Celts, season or not

Posted : November 17, 2020 6:39 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Mayb that Harden trade to Brooklyn was just a rumor, but also, really surprised at the contract Gordon got - $120M?? However, if he returned to Utah form he & Terry Rozier should make an Effective backcourt tandem - he deserves to do well, C’s fans are rooting for him

Posted : November 21, 2020 3:50 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Celts didn’t do much to honor KC’s memory on the court today -

Great Player, Ideal Celtic - just the 2 stalwarts, Cousy (91) & Russell (86) are left along w/Sam Jones (87) & Tom Sanders (82)

—-

Kyrie & Durant could be an effective tandem

where does the time go - Kenyon Martin Jr playing for Rockets - 

so is my old hero who many here thought I was full of it b/c of my high rating for him, DeMarcus Cousins - the big guy, however, has missed too much time & bounced around w/too many teams & has had too many injuries, to be the force he was

Posted : December 25, 2020 8:46 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

Celts didn’t do much to honor KC’s memory on the court today -

& Bruins didn’t do much to honor their name by letting Zdeno walk

Bobby’s & Bourque’s situations were different, as unpalatable as it was Bobby’s knees were shot, & Raymond going to Colo ended up being (sort of) a mutual thing

Z Wanted To Stay - but said in a tweet (w/out bitterness) Bs told him they “wanted to go in a different direction”

it’s a direction no Bruins fan wants any part of - Z is a healthy 43 & has been real good back there 

a longtime captain being cut w/no contract offer or anything - if in fact that’s what it was - is a slap in the face to one of the greatest Ds we’ve ever had - & we’ve had some great ones - & ergo, a slap to the face of fans

‘it happens’, yes blah blah, obviously TB to TB - other great QBs like Namath, Unitas, Montana also finished elsewhere

Evans finished in Baltimore, Jordan in Wash, Malone in LA, Killebrew in KC,

Joe Thornton & Patrick Marleau were institutions/mainstays in SJ but didn’t  stay....

I sure wish the Bruins would cram the “Zdeno truly xmplfd what it is to be a Bruin” BS, obviously they wouldn’t’ve cut him if they felt that way

The Great Black & Gold Is Only Black Today - This Never Should’ve Happened, it’s rotten

Posted : December 31, 2020 5:36 am
Page 4 / 12
Share: