The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

NBA 2022

Page 2 / 11
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Really hoping Raptors trade Drake this summer for a D man for the Leafs. God the guy is an embarrassment. 32 year old kid Drake grew up in the richest neighbourhood in Canada, was a child actor on Degrassi and then all of a sudden became a thug w a jet and Warriors tattoo's. If I was on the warriors an errant pass would end up in his face early in game 2.

Great win by Raps, Warriors are not going to take last night lightly.

Grin Grin That's hilarious. IMO whoever wins game 2 on Sunday will win the series.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2019 11:42 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Really hoping Raptors trade Drake this summer for a D man for the Leafs. God the guy is an embarrassment. 32 year old kid Drake grew up in the richest neighbourhood in Canada, was a child actor on Degrassi and then all of a sudden became a thug w a jet and Warriors tattoo's. If I was on the warriors an errant pass would end up in his face early in game 2.

Great win by Raps, Warriors are not going to take last night lightly.

Grin Grin That's hilarious. IMO whoever wins game 2 on Sunday will win the series.

It was GSW (winning game 2) -- now it goes back for the final-ever game in Oaklnd, & the motivation on that alone --
espn is saying KD w/a possible torn achilles? -- & that the loud one, Charles Barkley, blames Kerr/the Warriors

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2019 9:01 am
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

espn is saying KD w/a possible torn achilles? -- & that the loud one, Charles Barkley, blames Kerr/the Warriors

Gee, BIG surprise for Barkley to criticize the Warriors. Ever heard the phrase "hindsight is always 20/20", Charles? Five years ago it was "Jump shooting teams don't win Championships". I guess after 3 Championships in 4 years, The Warriors kind of shoved that one right up Charles Barkley's ass. So, he's gotta find something else............

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2019 7:14 pm
crazyjoe
(@crazyjoe)
Ultimate Peach

Well, it generally is a little easier to cipher things in hindsight, I don't know who called the shots here, but I do think that the result here is one of the bigger injury/administrative fiascos We've seen in awhile? It reminds me of the RG3 thing in football, I remember watchin him try to run around the field with his knee joint flopping different directions?...........Peace........joe

Also, think KD may have been doomed when he strained it, never ever do I recall any kind of Achilles injury heeling well, even the strains never seem to heal right.

[Edited on 6/12/2019 by crazyjoe]

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2019 8:52 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Gee, BIG surprise for Barkley to criticize the Warriors. Ever heard the phrase "hindsight is always 20/20", Charles? Five years ago it was "Jump shooting teams don't win Championships". I guess after 3 Championships in 4 years, The Warriors kind of shoved that one right up Charles Barkley's ass. So, he's gotta find something else............

He showed his face in between periods at the 7th game of B's-St.L too -- why did they let Charles Barkley into a hockey broadcast booth -- he doesn't know anything --
but by way of clumsy segue, St.L are deserving winners -- we beat them 5-1 Gm 6, they got us 4-1 Gm 7 --
we had a pretty wide shots margin & played Good hockey Gm 7--
But The Ken Dryden Nightmare Recurred 😮 -- in the form of Binnington
REALLY wanted to remind em of that phony advertisement that mistakenly got on social media after Gm 5 proclaiming their title
Also, winning would've ensured MVP for Tuukka -- he was outta this world this playoffs
besides that, no real disappointment here -- it was fantastic, even-steven hockey at its highest most hard-nosed level -- one game never should a season make

B's were fantastic this season
article said St.L has averaged 99 points over last 8 seasons -- that's a tremendous accomplishment too IMO -- it deserves to be rewarded

Reversing Segue back to topic, our veteran squad couldn't beat upstart Blues -- GSW same/same Tor -- both bounced at home -- Great job by Tor Rptrs & St.L Blues

rumor (in June 14) has Kyrie going to Brkln
finally, AD joins/rejoins LeBron/Rajon in LA

[Edited on 6/16/2019 by Stephen]

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 9:31 am
CanadianMule
(@canadianmule)
Peach Extraordianire

Raptors!

Yup.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2019 12:08 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

And all of a sudden The Nets look like they can contend, at least on paper. Durant and Kyrie picked Brooklyn over the Knicks (let's be honest, over guitar hero James Dolan) and might even lure DeAndre Jordan. That's a huge power shift in the East. As good as Durant is, I don't think it hurts the Warriors that much.

The Bucks lost Brogdon, but kept Middleton. Added another Lopez, so they have literal Twin Towers. Not bad.

If Kawhi bolts Canada for LA, that's a pretty big shake up league-wide.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 1, 2019 11:57 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

And all of a sudden The Nets look like they can contend, at least on paper. Durant and Kyrie picked Brooklyn over the Knicks (let's be honest, over guitar hero James Dolan) and might even lure DeAndre Jordan. That's a huge power shift in the East. As good as Durant is, I don't think it hurts the Warriors that much.

The Bucks lost Brogdon, but kept Middleton. Added another Lopez, so they have literal Twin Towers. Not bad.

If Kawhi bolts Canada for LA, that's a pretty big shake up league-wide.

Not sold on Brooklyn yet. Irving is a great playet, but kind of a knucklehead. KD is gonna be out for awhile. Doubt they will do much this up coming season.

Just curious your thoughts on Brogdon...He is headed here to Indy.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 3:55 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

NBA luxury tax
https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/11/nba-luxury-tax/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 5:07 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Not sold on Brooklyn yet. Irving is a great playet, but kind of a knucklehead. KD is gonna be out for awhile. Doubt they will do much this up coming season.

It won't be overnight for Brooklyn, but nice for a team already on the upswing.

Brogdon is pretty solid, a great hustler but not irreplaceable - he was out for good chunks of the past 2 seasons. Good pickup for the Pacers though.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 4:50 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

It won't be overnight for Brooklyn, but nice for a team already on the upswing.

Brogdon is pretty solid, a great hustler but not irreplaceable - he was out for good chunks of the past 2 seasons. Good pickup for the Pacers though.

Sounds like decent pickup for here in Indy. Solid at best. Not a second scoring threat.We will see if it will be an upgrade for what they lost. Not betting on them yet. VO wil be out till at least midseason,and even when he comes back, who knows how he will be.

It's hard to compete with location,owners paying the luxury tax, and players buddying up recruiting each other.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 4:48 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George to The Clippers!

Wowie Zowie is all I can say. Let's not forget that the Clippers gave the Warriors a serious run for their money in the first round this year, so they ALREADY had a team. And Doc Rivers is one hell of a Coach. They sure did give away the farm to get him though mostly in the form of many draft picks, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Galinari. I do not know more details, just saw the trade on ESPN.

I would say that the Clippers are now the Western Conference favorite although the Warriors are making some great moves and will be very competitive. Despite Lebron and Anthony Davis, they Lakers have a long way to go and lots of holes to fill.

When you look at the amount of draft picks the Thunder picked up in this trade, in addition to Gilgeous-Alexander and Galinari, it really seems that OKC got the better end of this deal. Gilgeous-Alexander is an up and comer out of Kentucky, averaged 10 points last year in his rookie season with the Clippers and had a 22 point game in the playoff vs. the Warriors. Trade details:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/clippers-acquire-paul-george-recruited-by-kawhi-leonard-in-reported-blockbuster-deal-with-thunder-trade-grades/

Just saw the Lakers re-signed Rajon Rondo which will help them immensely.

[Edited on 7/7/2019 by robslob]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2019 10:46 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George to The Clippers!

Wowie Zowie is all I can say. Let's not forget that the Clippers gave the Warriors a serious run for their money in the first round this year, so they ALREADY had a team. And Doc Rivers is one hell of a Coach. They sure did give away the farm to get him though mostly in the form of many draft picks, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Galinari. I do not know more details, just saw the trade on ESPN.

I would say that the Clippers are now the Western Conference favorite although the Warriors are making some great moves and will be very competitive. Despite Lebron and Anthony Davis, they Lakers have a long way to go and lots of holes to fill.

When you look at the amount of draft picks the Thunder picked up in this trade, in addition to Gilgeous-Alexander and Galinari, it really seems that OKC got the better end of this deal. Gilgeous-Alexander is an up and comer out of Kentucky, averaged 10 points last year in his rookie season with the Clippers and had a 22 point game in the playoff vs. the Warriors. Trade details:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/clippers-acquire-paul-george-recruited-by-kawhi-leonard-in-reported-blockbuster-deal-with-thunder-trade-grades/

Just saw the Lakers re-signed Rajon Rondo which will help them immensely.

[Edited on 7/7/2019 by robslob]

Interesting to see what the Clippers do. On paper it looks good, but I am not sold yet. I don't trust Paul George. He pretty much lied to the originization here in Indy.Then wrote a thank you letter via social media. Bailed on OKC in the middle of a four year contract. He wants to be the man, well it's time to put up or shut up. I don't see Him or Leonard being much of a vocal leader.

Thought on Durant leaving GS , Rob?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 11:09 am
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

Thought on Durant leaving GS, Rob?

Hell yes. Warriors were brilliant in how they handled this, working a sign and trade for Durant which netted them D'Angelo Russell, a 23 point 7 assist a game guy.
$164 million 4 years to a guy who can't play next year and even after that is a HUGE question mark?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 1:55 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Was surprised GSW thought enough of him to retire his jersey

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 3:10 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Was surprised GSW thought enough of him to retire his jersey

Yeah, that was kind of over the top. Three very solid seasons as a hired gun doesn't exactly put you next to Wilt.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 5:33 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

$164 million 4 years to a guy who can't play next year and even after that is a HUGE question mark?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And really, who cares? Because let's be honest, the NBA is just the farm system for THE BIG3!!!

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 8:39 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul, yawn
doubt it'll change much for either team

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 5:04 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul, yawn
doubt it'll change much for either team

I disagree. Westrbrook and Harden have already played with each other, back when Harden was their fresh young legs off the bench in OKC. If they can sort out "alpha" status, then Houston looks like a much bigger threat in the West. Harden is lights out, but Westbrook does it all. Chris Paul still has some miles left, but he's also only played in 60 games in each of his past three seasons. As he heads to the other side of his 30s, his production isn't going to go up. Won't be long before he's starting on a BIG3 team.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 12, 2019 4:52 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

CP3 & Harden were supposed to be all the stuff in Hou, didn't really change their fortunes tho -- about the same as when Harden/Wstbrk were in OKC w/KD, a good-not-great squad

-- but yes, on paper Houstn could rocket to next level, as you said Russell & James checking in their egos will determine how far they go -- Hou also signed veteran center Tyson Chandler to back up Capela

still think it won't change much for either team tho -- same LAC w/Kawhi/George, also Brklyn w/Kyrie &, next year KD -- 2019-20 west pick is same as last year, LAL-GSW -- this time tho w/LBJ, DeM Cousins & Co in finals 😮

Horford, Kyrie, Terry R., Aron -- & for sure the Dancing Bear, Guerschon, when he got to play
they were all great, best to them -- Isaiah Thomas signed w/Wash

Let's Go Celts In 2019-20

[Edited on 7/13/2019 by Stephen]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2019 5:01 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

CP3 & Harden were supposed to be all the stuff in Hou, didn't really change their fortunes tho -- about the same as when Harden/Wstbrk were in OKC w/KD, a good-not-great squad

OKC made the finals in 2012. That was a great lineup, and had they kept KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, together they might have dominated the West, or at least gone toe-to-toe with GSW. I think the problem in Houston is Harden. Great player, but maybe not to play with. Westbrook is a huge upgrade on CP3 at this point.

2019-20 west pick is same as last year, LAL 😮

Ha, ok, sure.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 13, 2019 5:12 am
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

With the Warriors, the Clippers and the Lakers, the Pacific Division of the Western Conference will now be the toughest and most competitive in the league. FYI the other two teams are Phoenix and Sacramento. Sac definitely on the rise also.

And if you think you can just ignore the Warriors now that Durant is gone I would think twice. They still have two Hall Of Famers in their lineup in Curry and Green and a third, Thompson, will likely be back mid-season. I like the moves they have been making especially D'Angelo Russell. They may not be dominant like the last five years, but they certainly will be a very tough win. They may surprise a lot of people.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/assessing-warriors-roster-expectations-heading-181625534.html

[Edited on 7/13/2019 by robslob]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2019 1:28 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Yep they'll be Very interesting chemistry tests, the new backcourts of Curry & Russell for GSW, & Westbrk/Harden for Houston -- D'Angelo was always The Man in Brklyn, now he has to adapt to a different role -- then what when Klay returns etc

Kawhi consented to select LAC only when John Ringo signed -- LAC will about the same -- winning the title in Tor meant zilch to Kawhi, he just wanted to be in LA -- DeAndre Jordan now w/Brklyn

LAL will be good, they're stacked w/guards like Rajon, former Celtic Avery Bradley, Danny Green -- also Caruso, their draft pick, & forgotten man/former Pacer star Lance Stephenson -- again, I pick them West finalist, on paper they're better than last year

Rajon & AB keyed Celts to a 27-3 start many years ago -- that was an Immense backcourt tandem
Rajon, AD & Cousins were really starting to hit it for NO b4 DeM's achilles injury
w/LeBron in the mix, LAL has a chance to be great this season

awaiting on the green, a work in progress -- would rather have seen Terry stay than Kemba W coming by trade -- Danny has a way of making good things happen tho -- let's go Celts

[Edited on 7/16/2019 by Stephen]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 9:31 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Westbrook and Harden have already played with each other, back when Harden was their fresh young legs off the bench in OKC. If they can sort out "alpha" status, then Houston looks like a much bigger threat in the West. Harden is lights out, but Westbrook does it all..

It’s Harden (the alpha male) - 59 points - Westbrook a triple double - a double double for Clint Capela - final score, 159-158
Yep the only ‘chemistry’ here would be his teammates leaving a wide berth for Harden - it’s his team - what potential chemistry it is tho - on full display tonite
Best of all, Isaiah Thomas w/a double double off the bench for Wash - yep the WS wasn’t the only Houstn-Wash game tonite 😮

Aron Baynes 24/13 as Suns trounce GSW - long year ahead for GSW, watta run they’ve had tho

We’re a work in progress (Celts), too tough a call - Phila is again solid

Final edit/prediction, barring injuries to key personnel, Jazz, the west team I’ve always followed will be in conf final, likely league final - thought LAL, but no DeM Cousins, Rajon//Kuzma already injured etc - 55-60 wins for Jazz
Let’s go Celts

[Edited on 11/1/2019 by Stephen]

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2019 7:15 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Seven games into the season, & Russell Westbrook wasn’t on the court last night for what they said was a rest day
Sure thing
He’s 2nd banana to Harden - will be fun to watch the chemistry as they attempt to mesh - or, might Westbrook go the way of Melo last year

Realize few hoop fans here, & after looking at the traveling being allowed this year, even less - take a look at the vid on espn - it’s ridiculous

A new city w/a new hero as Paschal & the San Francisco Warriors won last night - cool the fact that they have “San Francisco” on their jerseys now, just as when Wilt played for them

But they still are officially the Golden State Warriors, apparently
Let’s go Celts

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2019 6:29 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Darn it! Just as Gordon was playing the way he did in Utah - fractured hand

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2019 1:54 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

We somehow got it done tonite despite a monumental laying of the egg by Jayson (1-18) - good thing that’s out of his system, we’ll need him to be in peak form w/Gordon now out 6 weeks - Marcus, 2 from downtown late to seal it - he might just stay in the starting lineup - let’s go Celts

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2019 5:12 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

He’s come all the way back after a 2-3 year battle, & IT should get a huge greeting tonite - no one ever played better than Isaiah in 2017, & he left it all, hip & heart, on the parquet floor - now he’s starting for Wash, congrats little buddy, C’s fans owe you a standing O every time you’re in town - the shortest guy to ever record a triple double - broke Havlicek’s record for consecutive 20 point games......

Another great ex-Celtics guard, Rajon, was effective off the bench in his debut last night for LA - he & Dwight Howard could make a highly effective veteran bench tandem - let’s go Celts

[Edited on 11/13/2019 by Stephen]

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2019 12:44 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

That was the real Jayson last night, & good to see IT warmly greeted (15/7) - no D tho, not surprising w/out Daniel Theis & Robt Wms III

I don’t get modern sports - good 1st game for Rondo - who is then benched for a “rest day”??? B/c it’s the 2nd of a back to back??

“Rest days” are all the rage now - it’s bull - if you’re injured or dinged up, yes absolutely - AD for instance was legit, he’s dinged up - but when you’re healthy??

Believe that’s why Theis was held out too (they listed ankle, also back for Robert)

In fairness, mayb more for forwards, those are very large athletes banging bodies in the low post - but still, Not When You’re Healthy & Able To Play - what good does it do to be on the bench, injuries can happen anytime -

it’s too much like pitch counts, just hold em back, get em off the field/court b4 they work up a sweat & possibly get hurt - it’s horseshit IMHO

Deal w/the injuries When They Happen, not b/c you think they Might happen!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2019 2:12 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

There's no easy way to fix the NBA's load management problem

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/nba-load-management-rules-kawhi-leonard-clippers

NBA defends Kawhi Leonard’s sketchy load management

https://nypost.com/2019/11/06/nba-defends-kawhi-leonards-sketchy-load-management/

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2019 4:40 am
Page 2 / 11
Share: