oops

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Now if I would have mentioned DOnald Trump and Ted Nugent use low wattage tube amps, then I could have kept it here and let the fireworks begin!!!

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by jszfunk

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 21, 2021 8:54 am
Rusty reacted
goldtop
(@goldtop)
Noble Member

I’ve never connected with low wattage amps...I know a lot of players do

from my experience is they have little if any clean head room and that is what I look for in an amp

i’ve owned just about every blackface amp fender made and settled in the middle for decades with a 66 pro reverb at 40 watts 

I currently own 3 tweed amps one fender 57 twin ri at 40 and 2 Little Dawg tweed super 5f4 circuit at 30 watts which I really love

but there are many that want that crunch and 5-15 watt amps deliver that 

Posted : April 21, 2021 9:47 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @goldtop

I’ve never connected with low wattage amps...I know a lot of players do

from my experience is they have little if any clean head room and that is what I look for in an amp

i’ve owned just about every blackface amp fender made and settled in the middle for decades with a 66 pro reverb at 40 watts 

I currently own 3 tweed amps one fender 57 twin ri at 40 and 2 Little Dawg tweed super 5f4 circuit at 30 watts which I really love

but there are many that want that crunch and 5-15 watt amps deliver that 

I agree about the clean head room, thats why I mentioned the Excelsior. I felt it was the best of the ones that I have played. I moved the thread by the way. Dropped it her by accident!!

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 21, 2021 10:01 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Nuge and Trump have very little headroom.

Posted : April 21, 2021 10:22 am
Share: