Letter From the US Treasury

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Actually from the White House came Saturday May 15th, a "notice" dated April 23rd about our "direct payment" from the American Rescue Plan.  We received that check in early April, cashed it and donated 100% of it.  Since the American Rescue Plan didn't means test, just like the other relief payments, these checks came to people who were adversely effected financially by covid, and also those not effected, or even in some cases those who have financially been more successful during covid.  And we get a letter 3 weeks after it's notice date telling us 4.5 weeks after we cashed the check that we got a payment.  Seems efficient to me!

Posted : May 17, 2021 2:16 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Yes I got that letter too. I figured it had been lost in the mail but apparently not. It was from the IRS but when I opened it, it was from Joe Biden.

One of my relief checks from the United States Treasury was signed by Donald Trump. 

Posted : May 22, 2021 6:57 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @nebish

Actually from the White House came Saturday May 15th, a "notice" dated April 23rd about our "direct payment" from the American Rescue Plan.  We received that check in early April, cashed it and donated 100% of it.  Since the American Rescue Plan didn't means test, just like the other relief payments, these checks came to people who were adversely effected financially by covid, and also those not effected, or even in some cases those who have financially been more successful during covid.  And we get a letter 3 weeks after it's notice date telling us 4.5 weeks after we cashed the check that we got a payment.  Seems efficient to me!

I got my letter, on May 20th I think. Dated April 22nd. Also from The White House. I received the money over two months ago. Biden's signature is on it but there is no return address. 😛 Never got something from The White House.

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : May 23, 2021 8:10 am
Share: