The Allman Brothers Band
Is the Navy ready? ...

Notifications
Clear all

Is the Navy ready? How the U.S. is preparing amid a naval buildup in China | 60 Minutes

9 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/us-navy-readiness-china-naval-buildup-60-minutes-video-2023-03-19/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : March 23, 2023 9:09 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

The U.S spends 3X as much on our military as China does so I never got why we can't counter any buildup they do.

So much money wasted in the US military.

Posted : March 23, 2023 11:22 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yet for all that we’re apparently lagging, at least according to a Popular Mechanics article - current headline (verbatim), “US Navy Desperately Needs To Crank Out Warships Like Hotcakes To Keep Up With China”

This post was modified 12 months ago by Stephen

Posted : May 16, 2023 3:45 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

“29 Missing After Chinese Fishing Boat Capsizes In Indian Ocean”

mayb China should just forget the ocean & their battleship buildup & stick to weather balloons

Posted : May 17, 2023 5:52 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

Yet for all that we’re apparently lagging, at least according to a Popular Mechanics article - current headline (verbatim), “US Navy Desperately Needs To Crank Out Warships Like Hotcakes To Keep Up With China”

The US didn’t adopt that strategy, and is countering China’s naval buildup from the air

we broke out the B-21 bomber earlier this year

now we got the B1 bomber, & it hasn’t just negated/nullified China’s naval buildup

to hear Popular Mechanics tell it, it’s made it obsolete

“A Deadly New B1 Bomber Could Turn Chinese Aircraft Carriers Into Flaming Wrecks”

”as few as 5 B1 bombers could launch as many as 180 LRASM missiles at a Chinese carrier task force”

remarks, looks like quite a buildup going on - we must match national strength w/national restraint

Posted : August 9, 2023 5:45 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

“55 died in Chinese submarine mishap” in August (current reports)

Chinese, American, Russian……Hamas-Israel….the tangled web we weave

the sub somehow got entrapped on something & they ran out of oxygen

looks to me like Uncle Sam shouldn’t be losing any sleep over the Chinese naval buildup…✌️

Posted : October 9, 2023 6:46 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

looks to me like Uncle Sam shouldn’t be losing any sleep over the Chinese naval buildup…✌️

& yet, “China Just Built A Terrifying New Aircraft Carrier & May Soon Dominate The Seas”

reports Popular Mechanics

Pipular Mechanics used to be known as a magazine with how-to projects, inventions etc

now it’s sensationalist media, fixated on military stuff, esp (what they say is) the naval buildup in China

Posted : November 24, 2023 10:39 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@stephen Funded (in at least by some small part) by America's purchases of cheap and inferior mass-produced consumer goods  especially electronics and even musical instruments and accessories (especially stomp boxes, multi-track recorders and cheap guitars).  These imports come courtesy of American manufacturers looking to shave production and manufacturing costs - which certainly creates a loss of jobs and income for our own citizens.  I am sure that this trade practice has done more than its share in creating a growing homeless population.  I'd tell you to read the tags and labels to see where these goods are produced, except for the fact that "country of origin" is rarely disclosed these days.  Those "Made In ____" labels seem to be disappearing from the actual goods.

Sorry for the rant.

Posted : November 24, 2023 11:02 am
Stephen reacted
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🤙it’s a rant of common sense - shoot even in the field of cannabis, “How Chinese Marijuana Operations Cropped Up In Small Town America”

WSJ story - “From New Mexico to Maine, Chinese networks cash in on cannabis legalization”

this is something of a different kettle of fish - & yet not really either - I hope their aircraft carriers don’t go to pot, hehe -

wait, actually I hope they do succumb to herb, the ‘evil weed’ is still a lot less evil than their ‘naval buildup’

military, marijuana - have no idea about the Chinese gov’t 

🎼MMM🎶 - mellow music morning

This post was modified 5 months ago 3 times by Stephen

Posted : December 2, 2023 9:32 am
Share: