Hooray for ME! Hope it works!!

14 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hooray for me. Just got my Covid vaccination! Go back in 21 days for second shot. 

Please take this seriously.  

A great friend of mine and blackey who is same age as us, 74, died at a hospital here in my hometown yesterday afternoon from Covid.

He was a friend for over 50 years and was an electronics and sound wiz. He and his wife provided the equipment and ran sound for a wedding reception on December 23rd and 14 days later he and his wife and 7 others came down with Covid. His wife experienced symptoms similar to a good case of the flu and got better in 2 weeks without being hospitalized.  But my friend had lung and breathing issues that became so significant he eventually was put in intensive care and died yesterday. 

Masks, social distancing,  wash your hands frequently and get a shot as soon as possible. 

Posted : January 21, 2021 12:54 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Good Robert.  Wishing health for you.

Sad stories.  I do not know anyone personally who has died from this virus, but this month three people in their 70s I do know have spent extended stays in the hospital.  Two of the three are home and the other was sent to a rehab facility to build up strength before returning home (he lives alone).

The people include one of my best friend's Dad who was in hospital for 10 days and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the care he received and the people that looked after him.

I'm way far down the list to get the vaccine, until then hope it keeps getting out and in arms as they say.

Posted : January 21, 2021 1:02 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Congratulations.  Sorry about your friend.

I have a friend in Birmingham who is on a ventilator after 2 weeks in the ICU.  Barring a miracle, he'll become the 3rd person I know who has died of the virus.  I know a handful of others who have survived with varying degrees of post-Covid after-effects.

I am still shocked at the numbers of people who will not wear a mask.  I took my elderly aunt to her dentist yesterday.  A couple - old enough to know better walked into the lobby sans masks.  When told by the receptionist that they would have to wear masks, they asked, "why?"  Several more unmasked in the grocery store this morning while I was getting her groceries.  If we can't have a mask mandate, how about an open season on these assholes?

Posted : January 21, 2021 4:22 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @rusty

I am still shocked at the numbers of people who will not wear a mask.

I was in my local Napa Autoparts store this week.  All 3 employees, including the owner, were maskless.  I had mine on.  They have a sign on their door saying masks are mandatory (because the state told businesses they must have that sign).  I could report them to the department of health, but that is not my nature.  Maybe they should be reported, but it won't be by me.

Posted : January 21, 2021 5:26 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@nebish  I don't need to go to NAPA no-how.  😉   

Posted : January 21, 2021 5:32 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rusty

Congratulations.  Sorry about your friend.

I have a friend in Birmingham who is on a ventilator after 2 weeks in the ICU.  Barring a miracle, he'll become the 3rd person I know who has died of the virus.  ...

Replying to my own post:  Birmingham musician, Marc Phillips lost his fight with Covid this afternoon.  This, after surviving a battle with throat cancer about 15 years ago.  Marc was regionally known - several bands including, Hotel and Split the Dark - both with radio songs and both touring with nationally known acts.  Marc gave his life to Jesus Christ and became a contemporary gospel artist.  He built and operated a fine recording studio (Airwave) where he produced other artists and created music for films and television.  I didn't know him well personally, but I knew him well enough to tell you that he was a real sweetheart of a guy and he will be missed.  In honor of Marc's relation with God, I'll leave the expletives out ... but I am cursing Covid big time.  

Posted : January 21, 2021 7:24 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member

@rusty

I saw what you did there.

Several folks in my neighborhood have had Covid lately.  One bank in Macon closed for several days because so many came down with symptoms, and they wanted to thoroughly disinfect the building before subs were brought in.

So far nobody we know has died from Covid.  Some got really sick, others just had flu like symptoms. 

Posted : February 12, 2021 8:44 pm
Rusty reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@rusty I'm  so sorry your friend lost his battle with Covid. Close to 500,000 people have died in the US now from this horrible outbreak. 

I lost a friend of over 50 years on January 20th at 4:30 pm. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks. 

Then 3 days later another man I knew a little died of Covid.

And my doctor apparently caught it at the hospital here where he had his patients who needed hospitalization and died in intensive care. I drove by his office the other day and his name is still there. 

Everyone be careful. 

Posted : February 13, 2021 8:05 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member
Topic starter

And I got my SECOND Covid Pfizer vaccination shot yesterday.  

My left arm near the shoulder is very sore this morning.  

They said to continue with masks and social distancing and I will. 

Posted : February 13, 2021 8:08 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@robertdee  A few weeks ago, I got my Pfizer #1 - took my 83 year-old aunt in for hers and the nurses pointed out that I was the caregiver - told me to roll up my sleeve.  I obliged.  We're both due for the sequel next weekend.  I feel a slight sense of ease, yet I will continue to mask as prescribed.  I hope this all ends soon.

Posted : February 13, 2021 9:41 am
Jack_Frost
(@jack_frost)
Reputable Member

I got my first Moderna vaccine a couple weeks back, booster scheduled for 2/27. Hoping it helps. Scary times.

Posted : February 14, 2021 9:24 pm
VTAB
 VTAB
(@vtab)
Estimable Member

My wife and i are in FL for a couple months newly retired. I cannot believe how people treat covid down here.

We have been down here a week and estimate at best 10% of small business owners an there employees are wearing 

masks. I speak specifically of area about 10 miles south of St Augustine. VT has a completely different approach and the lowest number of cases & deaths per capita. Stay healthy my friends

Posted : February 14, 2021 9:40 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

we live in a crazy country

condolences to those who have lost friends / loved ones. 

Vaccinations here are getting rolled out - slowly. I got my 2 Pfizer a while ago but still being careful 

Keep masks, etc. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by stormyrider

Posted : February 15, 2021 2:58 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stormyrider

we live in a crazy country

condolences to those who have lost friends / loved ones. 

Vaccinations here are getting rolled out - slowly. I got my 2 Pfizer a while ago but still being careful 

Keep masks, etc. 

That’s not even the half of it - in addition to covid, now weather has knocked what remains of normalcy for a loop in TX, & all across the south

leading to this sentence in the article, & does it sum up life in the 2020th century or What

”Massive power outages in Houston included a facility storing 8,000 doses of Moderna vaccine, and health officials scrambled to find takers at the same time authorities were pleading for people to stay home”

It’s a crazy time indeed - & not to get less so Any Time Soon

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : February 16, 2021 12:56 am
Share: