4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steph-curry-nba-twitter-react-041957286.html

Oh My God Nate............let this be a lesson to you.........put an end to this madness if you want to talk to your grandchildren.  Watch the video and see what I'm talking about...........it's lethal, and only the second round.  Scariest part is the way he hits the canvas..........HEAD FIRST.........

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by robslob

Posted : November 29, 2020 12:02 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yeah Cowboys DE Ed “Too Tall” Jones quit football to go into boxing, w/little success - his 1st bout was nationally televised, he was given a gift decision

Another NFL lineman however, Broncos’ Lyle Alzado, fared pretty well in his exhibition match w/Ali at Mile High Stadium

Tough to see that w/Robinson - Roberto Duran hit the deck face first too in the 2nd round of his ill-advised 1984 match w/Thomas Hearns

the most memorable facial was John Tate’s w/45 seconds left in the 15th round of his 1980 heavyweight title match w/Mike Weaver - nationally televised in prime time - Tate had his way the previous 14 rounds, then Weaver caught him w/a crushing Sunday punch & Big John, just 45 seconds away from a one-sided points victory, fell face first to the canvas like a giant falling sequoia tree

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : December 1, 2020 4:20 pm
nebish reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

@stephen

Lyle Alzado had a boxing match with Muhammad Ali??  You've got to be joking.  If true, I never remember hearing about it.

Posted : December 2, 2020 12:28 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I looked and it's true, here's video to prove it.  This of course was after Ali's comeback and his skills had declined greatly (I assume Alzado, crazy as he was, was intelligent enough not to take on Ali in Ali's prime!)

Posted : December 2, 2020 12:43 pm
Share: