10 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-nypd-officer-gets-10-202522477.html

I am OVERJOYED that this assh*le got what he deserved and may everyone involved continue to get what they deserve.

Posted : September 2, 2022 7:33 am
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

He probably has a "Blue Lives Matter" bumper sticker. It'd be interesting to look into his record as a cop.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 2, 2022 10:15 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

He probably has a "Blue Lives Matter" bumper sticker. It'd be interesting to look into his record as a cop.

Trump has already said he would consider pardons for his minions who stormed the Capitol if he gets reelected.

Our political systems is FUBAR so I don't expect any of all the investigations of Trump to go anywhere. Anyone who thinks this maniac can't get reelected is kidding themselves.

Some in the GOP are already talking about starting Impeachment proceedings on Biden if they take back the House.

The one ray of hope I have is recent Biden legislative victories, Trump criminal investigations including Jan 6th committee revelations, Classified doc fiasco, Abortion issue gives the Dems a chance to retain the Senate and House at the midterms.

Posted : September 2, 2022 11:14 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @bill_graham

Trump has already said he would consider pardons for his minions who stormed the Capitol if he gets reelected.

Our political systems is FUBAR so I don't expect any of all the investigations of Trump to go anywhere. Anyone who thinks this maniac can't get reelected is kidding themselves.

Some in the GOP are already talking about starting Impeachment proceedings on Biden if they take back the House.

The one ray of hope I have is recent Biden legislative victories, Trump criminal investigations including Jan 6th committee revelations, Classified doc fiasco, Abortion issue gives the Dems a chance to retain the Senate and House at the midterms.

Glad to hear Biden call out the MAGAts, past time to stop coddling them. I read that about Trump wanting to pardon the Jan 6ers; pardoning seditionists would be a catastrophe. The GOP should want this circus in their rear-view mirror.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : September 2, 2022 11:26 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob 

You would think the GOP would want to break from Trump but he is still the main king maker of the party. I thought I read that 90% of the candidates he endorsed won their primaries so he wields a lot of power still. 

While they may disagree with his methods in private, the GOP politicians kiss his ring in public so they can get his endorsement.

Sadly, I think it is evident that our political system is FUBAR and all the politician's, from both parties, care about is staying in power and not about what is good for the country. This is why Trump still has any chance of getting back in power IMHO.

Posted : September 2, 2022 11:40 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @bill_graham

@porkchopbob 

it is evident that our political system is FUBAR and all the politician's, from both parties, care about is staying in power and not about what is good for the country. This is why Trump still has any chance of getting back in power IMHO.

Donald has declared for 2024

He and his minions/disciples/syncophants are gearing up to Make America Great Again

However, is Donald running simply to stay out of jail?
That’s what everyone asked during the Mar y Lago scandal, now again w/the Jan 6 committee report - also he’s hiding his tax returns

“we all remember the hell he put us through in 2017-20

”he caused Covid

”he engineered a coup & wanted to take down the government on Jan 6

”he committed crimes against the Constitution

“put him in jail where he belongs….”

Posted : December 21, 2022 3:23 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Imho people get too anxious/wrought-up about trump/Covid etc -

no need to worry about Donald - he won’t be re elected

common sense still lives - people will see he’s simply too old to be president again - nothing against Joe, But He Wasn’t Elected, Donald Was Defeated -

many, esp seniors, applaud Joe - “Donald is a sr. citizen too, but Joe’s smiling face is a refreshing departure from Donald’s florid enraged-orange expression/appearance….”

more power to Joe, but he’s getting frayed around the edges, as all 80 year olds do

they have age limits on pilots, they should on presidents too

Trump had a turn at it, best left there - his candidacy this time around imo will be like Gen. U. Grant’s after He’d been president & ran again - or perhaps Ted Kennedy’s in 1980 - well known/respected guys, but neither campaign got off the ground

but you never know, there may be no one else either

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : December 21, 2022 4:05 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @stephen

Imho people get too anxious/wrought-up about trump/Covid etc -

no need to worry about Donald - he won’t be re elected

common sense still lives - people will see he’s simply too old to be president again - nothing against Joe, But He Wasn’t Elected, Donald Was Defeated -

many, esp seniors, applaud Joe - “Donald is a sr. citizen too, but Joe’s smiling face is a refreshing departure from Donald’s florid enraged-orange expression/appearance….”

more power to Joe, but he’s getting frayed around the edges, as all 80 year olds do

they have age limits on pilots, they should on presidents too

Trump had a turn at it, best left there - his candidacy this time around imo will be like Gen. U. Grant’s after He’d been president & ran again - or perhaps Ted Kennedy’s in 1980 - well known/respected guys, but neither campaign got off the ground

but you never know, there may be no one else either

I hope you are right Stephen but I thought the same thing the first time Trump got elected so I never say never about his reelection chances.

The man has no morale's or honor so if he follow through with going for the GOP Nomination you can expect all kinds of lies and BS conspiracy theories coming out of his mouth. He has proven no lie is too big if it gets him what he wants.

Also Biden has some weak poll numbers right now so it is not like he would be going into 2024 with strong public support unless the economy does a fast runaround. I am not sure even his own party feels great about him running for reelection again.

I have learned to never underestimate Donald Trump.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : December 21, 2022 10:02 am
robslob reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I am behind Biden 100% and would vote for him again in 2024.  That said, as Stephen alluded to, his age IS a bit scary.  He would turn 82 years old 17 days after the 2024 election, so at the end of his term would be 86.  But that won't stop me from voting for him, ESPECIALLY if Trump is the alternative.  I would HOPE that the GOP would not be so stupid and desperate to turn to Trump again, especially after January 6th.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-trump-backers-message-republican-125928519.html

This post was modified 1 year ago by robslob

Posted : December 21, 2022 4:47 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Yes - it’s still early so the field will develop later - ideally Biden would make the decision in 2023 to bow out citing the wish to retire, & “groom/prepare/endorse Harris for the administration’s goals for 2024 & beyond….”

will be interesting to see if a Democrat declares - guessing there’ll be other Republicans besides Trump 

yes elderly are wise etc but not meant to have the weight of the world on their shoulder - Joe does not seem up to it, Understandable At His Age - similar to LBJ declining his 2nd term - people understood - Lyndon was 20 years younger than Joe, but looked 20 years older😮🤪😵‍💫

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stephen

Posted : December 21, 2022 6:47 pm
Share: