The Allman Brothers Band
DeSantis an Florida...

Notifications
Clear all

DeSantis an Florida Attorney General Responds To Biden's New OSHA Rule Setting Jan. 4 Deadline For Vaccine Mandate

16 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : November 9, 2021 8:43 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Here's an article with the basics: https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/floridas-desantis-says-fed-vaccine-mandate-for-big-companies-going-down/2607943/

The numbers are going down, even in FL where Desantis has gone out of his way to stop anyone from implementing COVID basic safety measures (he's for states' rights, but not for county rights). His inaction didn't help the huge surge FL experienced over the Summer, or in schools this Fall. But who knows what January will look like? I'm not sure what its effectiveness will be at this stage. I'm not sure how you even police this, there are a lot of 100+ employee companies out there.

I'm all for the Federal workers mandate. I'm all for public schools requiring a mandate. But if private employers want to have a mandate or testing, they should be allowed; if they don't want one, then let them carry on as well. If they get a big office-wide COVID outbreak, that's on them. People can quit a company that they don't feel safe at, just as people can quit a company that requires them to get a vaccine.

Of course, it's still absolutely bananas that people just don't get vaccinated, we shouldn't need a mandate.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 9, 2021 10:00 am
Randall reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Maybe OSHA should get involved.  Covid is every bit as dangerous to the workplace as a missing handrail or a power tool left unattended.  

I wish that the various newspapers and outlets would publish the "body counts" of Governors like DeSatan and Simp.  On the other hand, these @ssholes could not govern without the votes of their populations.  Government can only have as much power as the people are willing to allow them.  Just sayin'.  

Posted : November 9, 2021 10:24 am
Randall reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @rusty

Maybe OSHA should get involved. 

Per the video's above they are.  We will just see what the courts say about it. This is where all of its headed.

This post was modified 2 years ago by jszfunk

Posted : November 10, 2021 8:55 am
Rusty reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@rusty The Palm Bach Post has a daily COVID update, regularly reports the stats. Still, Desantis is spitefully hell-bent on doing nothing.

My wife's company just lifted its mask mandate in the office, however, they are going to require proof of vaccination, which seems reasonable to me. Her company provides services to children in home and in schools across the nation, in a number of different states with a number of different COVID regulations. They were very creative with tele-health to keep afloat during the pandemic while they couldn't safely be around clients. If employees don't want to get vaccinated, they can go to another company. But to not get vaccinated in her field would be like a professional football player forgoing safety protocols after vaccinations allowed fans back into the stadiums so he can return to regular work. Have some perspective.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 10, 2021 1:09 pm
Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob Proof of Vaccination - those overly complex cards that you could almost create using a typewriter?  Anybody who has any skill at all on Photoshop could create one of these in minutes!  I suffer from extreme Covid Phobia!  I have a hard enough time developing faith/trust in the three vaccination shots that I've already willfully taken!  A proof of Vaccination card might very well have come from the computer of Aaron Rodgers for all I know!  😉 

Posted : November 10, 2021 1:32 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@rusty Her company is in the health sector, so they should have a more critical eye than maybe sheet rock company. The irony is the mandate is to help the highest at risk, such as, like, those who haven't gotten vaccinated.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 10, 2021 1:41 pm
Rusty reacted
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I work in the health care field at a good sized county hospital/network just outside of Indy. They have not mandated the shot yet, but I have a feeling its coming.

Posted : November 10, 2021 3:29 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @rusty

Maybe OSHA should get involved.  Covid is every bit as dangerous to the workplace as a missing handrail or a power tool left unattended.  

I wish that the various newspapers and outlets would publish the "body counts" of Governors like DeSatan and Simp.  On the other hand, these @ssholes could not govern without the votes of their populations.  Government can only have as much power as the people are willing to allow them.  Just sayin'.  

Ha! Trump proved your last statement to be suspect. He proved you can do pretty much what ever you want once you are in power if you have no morals or conscience and surround your self with synchophants willing to do your bidding. Maybe a bit of an  exaggeration but he certainly stretched the limits of the power of the Presidency to the breaking point.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : November 10, 2021 7:35 pm
Rusty reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

But if private employers want to have a mandate or testing, they should be allowed; if they don't want one, then let them carry on as well. If they get a big office-wide COVID outbreak, that's on them. People can quit a company that they don't feel safe at, just as people can quit a company that requires them to get a vaccine.

Yes

Posted : November 10, 2021 10:11 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Well you libtard's just stay up north with your mask and jab's PLEASE!!!!! The Sunshine state is over flowing with folk coming here to get away from their commie state, and then bitchin bout our Gov. Turn off the damn TV and live your life. Had a mask on 4 time's PERIOD, since March of 2020. ER visit for a BB shot, eye exam, and 2 Dr visit's. Lived my life as i always have. Kept hand sanitizer in my truck for 30 damn year's, and get a squirt about 7 time's a day after pumping gas, handling stuff in a store, etc etc etc. Never liked nobody closer than about 6 ft to me any damn way, and don't get around folk coughing etc. Say what the hell ya want, don't give a damn. LMFO, remember goin to a WalMart March of 2020, and seein all the zombie's in line standing on their little marker like cow's, and the loud speaker pumping their head's fulla FEAR. I got to the door to go in with the next 20, and the 2 overweight security guards with their ball cap's and Buddy Holly glasses put their hand's up and said, SIR YOU CANNOT ENTER THE STORE WITHOUT A MASK!!!! I politely but in a stern voice replied, SON,, MILITARY MEDICAL!!! AIN'T NO DAMN MASK GOIN ON THIS MAN'S FACE!!!!   They looked at each other, then at the ground, then extended their hand's towards the entrance and said, GO AHEAD SIR!!!!!     The sheep had twilight circle's spinning in their eye's. Over a thousand people inside, and i was the only one without a face diaper. Tell A Vision Programming. Yall keep lappin it up. And please don't tell me bout the folk ya know that have had it. I already had the crap, as well as my wife. I think my pet Eagle mighta had it to.

This post was modified 2 years ago by LUKE

Posted : February 5, 2022 5:55 pm
tenorsfan reacted
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

What's this?  Activity in the Whipping Post with a new post by Luke!?

The Supreme Court said OSHA didn't have the authority to issue the mandate.  And I agree.

The Biden administration is formally withdrawing its vaccine and testing mandate for businesses, after the Supreme Court blocked the requirements earlier this month.

As it turns out, Florida's AG was ahead of the curve.

Posted : February 5, 2022 11:11 pm
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

@nebish     LMAO!!!! not much to come back and waste my time reading round here. The sheep still inhale and swallow the white man's dung soaked propaganda. Not many Tecumseh's left to run with anymore. Face's are hidden by paper, and fear run's thru their vein's.

Posted : February 6, 2022 1:43 pm
theotherbrothers
(@theotherbrothers)
Estimable Member

Post deleted

This post was modified 2 years ago by theotherbrothers

Posted : February 10, 2022 1:56 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @theotherbrothers

Post deleted

Why not just say it?

Posted : February 14, 2022 1:18 am
LUKE
 LUKE
(@luke)
Estimable Member

Yeah, please just say it. No snow flake's sittin on top of this old road dog's penny loafer's. Let the meat and tator's fly man.

Posted : February 17, 2022 9:35 pm
Share: