Amazon Reaffirms Support For Marijuana Legalization

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/amazon-reaffirms-support-for-marijuana-legalization-and-says-former-workers-punished-over-cannabis-are-eligible-for-employment/

And just as importantly:  In a new blog post, Beth Galetti, Amazon’s senior vice president of human resources, clarified that it has also “reinstated the employment eligibility for former employees and applicants who were previously terminated or deferred during random or pre-employment marijuana screenings.”

This topic was modified 3 years ago by robslob

Posted : September 22, 2021 9:50 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Interesting change in policy and certainly a positive move for such a powerful company, but I am speculating they are hedging their bets for the time it is finally legal Federally so they can cash in on online sales of smoking accessories. Maybe I am just an old skeptic but I just feel there is a money motivation involved.

Posted : September 22, 2021 2:08 pm
Icepick
(@icepick)

Thank preferred deity! Sure hope Joe is paying attention. What more does he need to get the ball rollin? What a great employee incentive for Amazon to bring on humans while they churn gears behind the scene for autonomous vehicles, drone deliveries and robot pickers in the warehouse all at the expense of valiant union workers. Legal pot should sure take the edge off from that.

Great economic plan as well to get baked couch potatoes burning up the plastic ordering manufactured goods from ...... If President can’t say the country’s name @ UN I must defer - to his “credit”.

Posted : September 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Icepick
(@icepick)

Recent White House press conference question to Jen Psaki

”Are Haitian immigrants required to show vaccine documents when they go thru immigration protocols at the southern border(sic)? 

Answer “ No. They are just passing thru and are not expected to be here long.”

Me @ a NYC restaurant. Hostess to me “I need to see your vaccination card so you can dine inside.”

Me “Why? I’m just going to be here for a short while, have dinner then move on.”

Hostess “You can’t eat here! Move on! Manager!?!!!!!

Posted : September 22, 2021 8:36 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Noble Member

Back to the topic at hand....Yes, drug warrior Joe needs to begin to end the federal prohibition....And I agree with Bill Graham in that Amazon has motive way beyond instituting a progressive rule vis-vis cannabis use while not on the job....

Finally, to ice pick and your comment, “baked couch potatoes,”  I suggest you try a sativa dominant strain the first time you try cannabis.  I recommend Cindy Limon or Blue Dream....The last thing you’ll want to do is sit on the couch....To the contrary, you’ll want to get moving, big time....

Posted : September 23, 2021 12:23 pm
Icepick
(@icepick)

@chain 

Try cannabis first time? I’m not Bill Clinton. I did inhale my first time & many more after. I have no objection to legalization. The point is the same as Bill Graham, it’s motivated by profit & cred on Amazon’s part. Quid pro Joe got too many other vital interests to fumble with than cannabis.

Posted : September 24, 2021 12:02 am
Share: