Upcoming Concert Tour information

12 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I did not see a thread dedicated to upcoming concerts or tours so thought this might be useful to alert members of upcoming shows they might be interested in. Good place to also give presale codes if you have them

Warren Haynes Christmas Jam info. Wish this was closer to home as it sounds like an amazing gig.

https://jambands.com/news/2022/10/11/warren-haynes-details-christmas-jam-lineup-phil-lesh-friends-tyler-childers-brothers-osborne-dinosaur-jr-and-more/

Posted : October 13, 2022 2:28 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Duane Betts tour

Band includes Johnny Stachela, Berry Oakley, John Ginty and Cody Dickinson

https://www.duanebetts.com/tour

Posted : November 9, 2022 8:52 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The Wife and I went to see the Last Waltz show at the Boston Orpheum Theater this past Friday and have to say it was one of the top 5 concerts I have ever attended out of the 1000+ concerts I have attended in my life to date. The hair on the back of my neck stood up at times the music was so amazing. The band was stellar and they played the songs with real love and passion for over 3hours. Highly recommend this concert if you are a fan of The Band.

Here are some pix from the concert from our 6 row dead center orchestra seats

Warren played this black Strat most of the concert

Warren playing his LP

Complete band playing together for the last few songs and the encores

Final bow

Posted : November 15, 2022 11:57 am
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Some great stuff coming around!!

Richard Thompson

Los Lobos

Goose

Adrian Belew doing Talking Heads

...best of all: CHUCK PROPHET is back on the road!!

Posted : November 15, 2022 9:13 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Going to the Boston Orpheum show in December. 

went to last year's concert which featured the Allman Betts band and it was a top 10 show for me. 

If this years show is close to the last it will be another stellar concert.

Another highly recommended concert if you want last minute tix.

https://www.allmanfamilyrevival.com/  

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : November 15, 2022 10:29 pm
hotlantatim
(@hotlantatim)
Prominent Member

I agree on The Last Waltz Tour.   I saw it last night in Atlanta and it was exceptional.   I went in with high expectations and it exceeded them.   I had never seen Anders Osborne and it's hard not to smile when you see what a joyful time that guy has on stage.  I had never seen Jamey Johnson and what a booming baritone voice with great character!   I had never seen Kathleen Edwards and she really impressed.   It was more or less the The Last Waltz with a handful of additional songs.   They didn't try to mimic the Last Waltz arrangements on all songs and there were more extended & jammed out tunes. 

Rotating cast on stage except Warren, Don, Medeski, Jamey Johnson and drummer Terence Higgins out for all songs. 

Well done Warren, Don & team for this show.  Catch one of the remaining dates if you can.

Posted : November 16, 2022 3:07 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @hotlantatim

I agree on The Last Waltz Tour.   I saw it last night in Atlanta and it was exceptional.   I went in with high expectations and it exceeded them.   I had never seen Anders Osborne and it's hard not to smile when you see what a joyful time that guy has on stage.  I had never seen Jamey Johnson and what a booming baritone voice with great character!   I had never seen Kathleen Edwards and she really impressed.   It was more or less the The Last Waltz with a handful of additional songs.   They didn't try to mimic the Last Waltz arrangements on all songs and there were more extended & jammed out tunes. 

Rotating cast on stage except Warren, Don, Medeski, Jamey Johnson and drummer Terence Higgins out for all songs. 

Well done Warren, Don & team for this show.  Catch one of the remaining dates if you can.

Great summary especially about Anders. He was just having such a great time paying those songs as did Edwards. I am not a country music fan so did not really know Johnson before this concert but he has a fantastic voice.

A few more pix from the Boston Orpheum show.

Anders Osborne

Kathleen Edwards

Jamey Johnson

Posted : November 16, 2022 4:57 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Devon Allman interview on various subjects

https://people.com/country/devon-allman-maggie-rose-these-days-reimagined-music-video-premiere/

Posted : November 25, 2022 3:35 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Warren Haynes Christmas Jam live PPV. Great lineup so has me considering it

https://volume.com/xmasjam/

Posted : December 1, 2022 1:23 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Only tickets I have are for Hot Tuna next spring.  Will be looking for some more to go to.

Posted : December 2, 2022 11:10 am
nebish
(@nebish)
Illustrious Member

Just noticed Dinosaur Jr on the Christmas Jam bill.  That is interesting!

Posted : December 2, 2022 11:11 am
Share: