Tribute to Kofi

8 Posts
7 Users
9 Likes
owencarol
(@owencarol)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

The TTB released a tune from I Am Moon IV entitled Soul Sweet Song, a tribute to Kofi. The song is wonderful! It features all the components of a great tune from writing to presentation. The song was written by Gabe and Mike. Gorgeous vocals, both lead and harmony background, fabulous musicianship all work together to result in an amazing tribute to a brother. Kofi's legacy is that of a kind and gentle man who left his memory and being in so much music. We are more than fortunate to experience the TTB and have their influence in our lives. Thank you!

Posted : August 11, 2022 4:16 pm
Rusty reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Sounds great, can't we hear it?

[YES here it is!]

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : August 11, 2022 4:34 pm
Rusty reacted
Zambi
(@zambi)
Reputable Member

That was great.  Thanks for posting!

Also highly recommend Lest We Forget:

Posted : August 11, 2022 11:22 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Kofi!  Forever and ever, amen!

Posted : August 12, 2022 5:07 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@rusty Yes enjoyed the song very much. Very well crafted song from all sides. 

We miss Kofi!! 

Posted : August 12, 2022 5:43 am
Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

@robertdee Kofi was the kindest "rock star"  you'd ever meet.  Several of us had the extreme good fortune of obtaining 1st and 2nd row seats when TTB played with BB King in Tuscaloosa several years ago (we sat among relatives of both BB and the Trucks').  After the final encore, someone waved at Kofi.  He walked over and sat on the edge of the stage and just talked with us for 10 - 15 minutes.  Real stuff.  He expressed gratitude for his gift and of being received by loving and appreciable listeners.  When someone asked for him to sign their ticket, he obliged.  All of the members of the band that I have met are equally as fan-friendly and approachable, but Kofi was a supreme act of talent, kindness and humility.  I'd had other meetings with him and was always impressed with his down-to-earth personality.  He is missed by many, many people.

Posted : August 12, 2022 6:06 am
robslob reacted
Joe_the_Lurker
(@joe_the_lurker)
Reputable Member

@zambi Thank you for posting this!  I've been wanting to watch it for a long time now and thought you had to go to some website and sign up to watch it as a webcast.  I didn't know it eventually made it to youtube.  On this slow Friday at work I was able to watch it at work.  Shhh don't tell anybody!

Posted : August 12, 2022 4:51 pm
Zambi reacted
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

@zambi:  Thanks so much for posting this great 35 minute Kofi tribute!  It's going on Facebook right now.

Posted : August 18, 2022 11:01 am
Zambi reacted
Share: