Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tim-bogert-dead/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : January 18, 2021 11:52 am
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

Oh, no!  Sad, sad ... SAD freakin' day!  

Tim was one of my early musical heroes.  First with the Fudge.  Then I was turned on to Cactus!  I still remember watching Beck, Bogert and Appice on the "In Concert" episode.  I actually e-mailed him once and he wrote back.  Sad day.

Posted : January 18, 2021 11:59 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I saw him play with Beck one time 50 years ago. They were a band with all top notch players. RIP. 

Recently was reading an interview with Appice and Appice smoking a joint with Buddy Rich came up. Appice said a good friend talked him into going to see Buddy's band in LA then invited to go back stage. But Appice said he didn't want to go because of Rich's reputation of being very egotistical and mean to his band. And at the time Buddy Rich had been picking on drummer Ginger Baker in the press and saying " Why is everyone so stuck on Baker? I could blow that ( beep beep) completely off the stage anyday of the week!!!". But Appice reluctantly went back stage and Buddy Rich had heard of him and asked him if he wanted to smoke a joint and get acquainted and it wasn't as bad meeting Buddy Rich as Appice thought. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : January 18, 2021 1:13 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

I really enjoyed his work. RIP

Posted : January 18, 2021 9:24 pm
Share: