The Allman Brothers Band
Syria Mosque 1/17/7...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Syria Mosque 1/17/71 Memorabilia?

10 Posts
6 Users
12 Likes
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

The band is working on a project for the Syria Mosque 1/17/71 show and is looking for any memorabilia from that show - ticket stubs, photos, posters... anyone have anything???  

Cheers,

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : May 10, 2022 10:56 am
ABB654, Bill_Graham, harvey and 3 people reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

My goodness, the cupboard is truly bare then, issuing a show that has been in trading circles for more than thirty years.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : October 7, 2022 11:46 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Posted by: @oldcoot

My goodness, the cupboard is truly bare then, issuing a show that has been in trading circles for more than thirty years.

If it is a SQ upgrade to what is already in trading circles then it is a welcome release for me. YMMV of course.

Posted : October 8, 2022 8:02 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Captain Skipper did several remasters of this show, particularly the second one, I don't see how it could be improved upon, IMO anyway.

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : October 8, 2022 12:22 pm
salcapitano reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

You may be right coot. I guess we will find out later this month if it is a better source. Any way I don't mind supporting the band and encouraging them to continue to release these gems.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : October 8, 2022 5:13 pm
matt05 reacted
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

As the saying goes about buying land, "they're not making any more of it."  Ditto for these old shows.  Tape traders will already have many if not all the shows we can find for archival releases, but bear in mind that there are a lot more ABB fans than ABB fans who trade tapes, and even among traders (maybe even more so 🙂 ) who have the show, it's nice to have an "official" release and perhaps a lower gen copy.  

Cheers,

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : October 8, 2022 8:04 pm
ABB654 and Bill_Graham reacted
allbrosca
(@allbrosca)
Eminent Member

This is the January 71 show.  Isn't it the October show that is widely circulated?

Posted : October 12, 2022 4:54 pm
matt05 reacted
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @allbrosca

This is the January 71 show.  Isn't it the October show that is widely circulated?

This one has also been circulating for decades. But an upgrade is always welcome.

Billastro

Posted : October 24, 2022 4:36 pm
allbrosca reacted
ABB654
(@abb654)

Due to an issue at the plant, the new ship date will be November 15th

https://www.merchmountain.com/collections/allman-brothers-band-museum-at-the-big-house/products/allman-brothers-band-live-in-pittsburg-1971-cd

Posted : October 28, 2022 9:51 pm
Share: