11 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'm not into tribute shows and I know many on this site are not. However, last evening I saw a really good band in Chicago. They are called "Peach Jam". The lead singer tried to do Gregg but of course, that isn't possible. He still tried. It was a five-piece group. The guy that was kind of Dickey was my favorite. His vocals on Blue Sky and Ramblin' Man were amazing. He even looked like Dickey from the 70s. 

The guy on keys was good. They did Jessica and handled it quite well. He was on a Hammond. Was he Chuck? Of course not. But he was really good. 

The only "new" song they did was Soulshine of course. Ugh for me. Wink  

They even threw in a Mtn Jam tease. 

If you ever get to Chicago, check these guys out. Well worth $22. Very cheap for Chicago!

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : January 20, 2024 8:20 am
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member

There's a good one in the Bay area called Freestone Peaches.  Alan Paul sat in with them last year when he was there, I believe it was for a book signing.  The singer, Jefferson Bergey, is REALLY good and he handles Gregg's vocals about as well as anyone could.  They broadcasted this show live for free and what blew me away the most was a really tender These Days which I was not expecting.  They gig only occasionally and to my knowledge do not travel outside of the Bay area.

This post was modified 3 months ago 3 times by robslob

Posted : January 20, 2024 11:20 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @lee

I'm not into tribute shows and I know many on this site are not. However, last evening I saw a really good band in Chicago. They are called "Peach Jam". The lead singer tried to do Gregg but of course, that isn't possible. He still tried. It was a five-piece group. The guy that was kind of Dickey was my favorite. His vocals on Blue Sky and Ramblin' Man were amazing. He even looked like Dickey from the 70s. 

The guy on keys was good. They did Jessica and handled it quite well. He was on a Hammond. Was he Chuck? Of course not. But he was really good. 

The only "new" song they did was Soulshine of course. Ugh for me. Wink  

They even threw in a Mtn Jam tease. 

If you ever get to Chicago, check these guys out. Well worth $22. Very cheap for Chicago!

I fall into the same boat. I am indifferent to them. Really no feelings and never gone out of my way to see one. Maybe one of these days, but good to hear it was a nice time!

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : January 29, 2024 12:55 pm
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

There sure are a lot.  Just heard about Soulshine Band.  Over the last few years I have been trying to see as many as I can. Some good stuff and then too much running around. Just step up and play 😎 

Posted : February 5, 2024 4:41 pm
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

Checking out "A Brothers Revival"  for the second time on Saturday night in Morristown NJ.

"Rook" on bass

New guitarist Chris Anderson from many years with the "Once" an "Outlaw band" with Highie Thomasson (RIP)

6th Row should be a fun night

Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute opener.

ABB lives on 😎 

Posted : March 26, 2024 4:55 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@mulemewarren  I saw Chris Anderson sit in with the ABB in Florida about 1995. Dickey and Warren let Chris stretch out on Blue Sky. 

This may be the same show. I thought it was Jacksonville

Chris Anderson takes the first solo. 

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by robertdee

Posted : March 28, 2024 4:57 pm
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

Wow gotta love Chris Anderson and his song with Warren "Old Friend".  Hope they play it on Saturday.and Dickey ...very nice here 😎 

Posted : March 28, 2024 5:57 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@mulemewarren Yes Old Friend by Warren and Chris. Good song. 

Here is a short clip of Dickey wailing his Goldie Les Paul!! 

https://youtube.com/shorts/hkgcULA32cI?si=_Fa9NYo-jQx1wyk6

Posted : March 28, 2024 9:22 pm
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the clip.  Dickey could sure make that gold top sing.  That looks like "Rook" on bass at the end.

Posted : March 29, 2024 8:58 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

How was that A Brothers Revival show

anyone going to the ABB/Dead tribute show tonite in St Ptrsbrg Fla…..✌️🎼if it rocks tell us about it

it’s billed as “Live Dead & Brothers: w/former Gregg Allman/Jerry Garcia collaborators Les Dudek & Tom Constanen”

Posted : April 5, 2024 6:10 pm
MuleMeWarren
(@mulemewarren)
Estimable Member

The Brothers Revival show was very good.  Had to spend the Skynyrd opener in the lobby.   Chris Anderson was excellent on guitar with a PRS. Several nice solo's and he stepped it up on Liz Reed. Rook was right there on bass and Mike Kach has the Gregg vocals down pretty good. Glad I got to see Chris Anderson again after 19 years when Hughie brought him to the Outlaws comeback.

Posted : April 6, 2024 6:46 pm
Stephen reacted
Share: