RIP Christine McVie

11 Posts
9 Users
4 Likes
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

https://www.al.com/news/2022/11/fleetwood-mac-singer-songwriter-christine-mcvie-dies-at-79.html

Tremendous bummer.  Another great talent from my era gone from the musical world.  She was so multi-talented.  My favorite vocalist in the later formations of that band.  

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Rusty

Posted : November 30, 2022 5:06 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Sad news - great musician - the self-titled FMac album w/her Say You Love Me, Over My Head etc - then the Rumors album of course - never heard a note of her & Lindsey’s 2017 collaboration 

but a sad day for sure for music - Christine’s music was, like her & Stevie, sublime

RIP

This post was modified 1 year ago by Stephen

Posted : November 30, 2022 7:01 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I liked this one she wrote and sings lead vocals. She was a very successful musician and song writer. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by robertdee

Posted : November 30, 2022 7:26 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Sad news indeed ... she first came to my attention when Chicken Shack had a hit in the UK with "I'd Rather Go Blind" ... lovely singer / songwriter who came across as being very humble, a reluctant star, RIP sweet lady

Posted : November 30, 2022 7:43 pm
Rusty reacted
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

Very sad, but what a full career!!

She sings some very lovely blues on that Tribute to Peter Green show that came out a few years back. Good stuff. 

Posted : November 30, 2022 7:58 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

🌹

Posted : November 30, 2022 8:03 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@jimsheridan Yes just head the story on PBS. No cause of death released yet. Family said she died today after a brief illness. They talked about how very successful she was especially with Fleetwood Mac. She was worth $105 million dollars!!! 

This post was modified 1 year ago by robertdee

Posted : November 30, 2022 8:13 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

sad news indeed

Posted : November 30, 2022 11:43 pm
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @harvey

Sad news indeed ... she first came to my attention when Chicken Shack had a hit in the UK with "I'd Rather Go Blind" ... lovely singer / songwriter who came across as being very humble, a reluctant star, RIP sweet lady

Heard Chicken Shack in Orlando opening for Spirit.  (trio version, a bit disappointing to be honest) and CS was rocking.

She was great on Bare Trees and Kiln House too.

Posted : December 1, 2022 12:25 pm
harvey and Rusty reacted
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Exceptional talent, absolutely lovely, silky voice. 

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : December 1, 2022 8:06 pm
matt05 reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Although the family has yet to release the cause of death, it apparently is a wacky rumor on the net that Christine McVie died from getting a Covid vaccination. 

Here is Fleetwood Mac in 1976 just a year after Mick Fleetwood invited Linsey Buckingham to join and he in turn lobbied hard for his girlfriend Stevie Nicks to come with him. By 1975 only Christine McVie and John McVie her then husband and Fleetwood himself were members. The others had quit including the great Peter Green and their replacements too had quit. 

Buckingham and Nicks made it five and that is when they had tremendous success. The album Rumors sold over 40 million copies which is rare for an album to sell that much. Just a small group of bands and artists have had that degree of success. 

Here, to me, Stevie Nicks is singing with such conviction and emotion!! It keeps building until she blows her top!!  I didn't know Nick's could bring it like this!! 

Posted : December 5, 2022 8:04 pm
Share: