New Art - ABB, TTB Beacon Theatre, etc

17 Posts
9 Users
12 Likes
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey all, as some of you know I create a lot of art inspired by my favorite bands. Been working up a few pieces, thought I'd share them here.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : April 7, 2022 10:00 am
Rusty, cyclone88 and Randall reacted
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

Very nice. I like them. 

Posted : April 7, 2022 10:04 am
PorkchopBob reacted
RCgp2020
(@rcgp2020)
Estimable Member

Awesome work! I really like the work on "The Band." Also the colors your use with Derick and Susan really pop IMO. Thank you for sharing and continued success with this ..

Posted : April 7, 2022 10:41 am
PorkchopBob reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Top notch work!! I've admired your work before. The second ABB shot has Butch in the middle of the stage and Marc to the right. And that is accurate for the very last few years. 

I had forgotten Butch decided to move himself into the middle (center stage) when he shared leadership with Gregg. 

The color is right on Susan's Tele. Actually I saw it rather close up once and it then had a lot of signatures on it and I think one was Dickey. I'm not sure if those signatures are still there. 

Have you thought about one with the Jack Otiel lineup? 

Posted : April 7, 2022 11:06 am
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@robertdee Thanks! I've thought about doing a Jack version, might even do a Derek/Dickey down the road. I also thought about adding Clapton to the 2009 version. We'll see...

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : April 7, 2022 11:15 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob Yeah those would be cool. The Clapton 2009 version too. I noticed the Clapton sit in in 2009 has well over a million views on YouTube. 

I wonder if EC asked Gregg where that black Les Paul he gave him is? Smile

Posted : April 7, 2022 11:27 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Probably not part of the thread but this one is more than I thought. Over 5 million 600 thousand views. 

And I forgot Derek is playing Duane's Goldtop from the Big House museum. Isn't that right? 

Posted : April 7, 2022 11:38 am
andyvannoy
(@andyvannoy)
Eminent Member

@porkchopbob LOVE your work Bob. Definitely do a Jack version! Where can I buy some of this?

Posted : April 7, 2022 3:29 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@andyvannoy thank you that’s very kind!

I do have a shop with some prints if you’re interested:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PorkchopBob

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : April 7, 2022 4:07 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Excellent stuff Brett ... now if you could just do one of the band on stage at Knebworth in 1974 ... and get approval to do T shirts ... that would be really cool

Posted : April 7, 2022 7:03 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Yeah probably a Jack version would be cool! Hadn't listened to Jack much this year and he looks as if he had just worked on a Carrier heat pump, Jack sure can play a slick slide guitar!! Nice long bends by Dickey here too. 

Posted : April 7, 2022 9:15 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I decided to add the Allman Bros on stage at the Fillmore East

ABB FILLMORE EAST sm

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : June 22, 2022 1:11 pm
Rusty reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob That is fantastic! That is how they looked in 1971 including Butch's often worn hat and man were they really hitting the note in '71. Last time I saw them in 1971 was at High Point University and they smoked the place good. They had some horn players on a few things and this was well after Tom Dowd told them drop the horns when they were recording Fillmore East.  Loosing Duane in 1971 would be like the New York Yankees loosing Mickey Mantle in 1956 after Mick won the triple crown. Duane Allman was well on his way to becoming one of the top players on the planet and I always believed Duane would have been as big as Clapton and Hendrix by 1973. 

Way cool you have Duane playing the SG Dickey gave him. Duane got a fantastic slide tone with that guitar.

1. Great job on all of them. I like the Band and both of Susan's and the way Derek Trucks is leaning to his left. That is how he stands often. 

Posted : June 22, 2022 2:15 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

Very cool. Takes a talent to do that!

Posted : June 22, 2022 6:06 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
rationalrebel
(@rationalrebel)
Estimable Member

PorkChopBob, these are great. I'm guessing you were involved in the video that chronologically goes through the bands changes to 'Statesboro'. Really cool video.

I have always wanted to have a painting with just the guitarist from the band from left to right. Duane, Dickey, Dan, Warren, Jack, Derek, and Jimmy. Would be happy to discuss with you about commissioning a piece if that's possible. Take care.  

Posted : June 23, 2022 4:50 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

@rationalrebel thanks, yeah that animation was me, glad you dig it.

I don't really paint much anymore, but feel free to drop me a line if you're interested in a commission.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : June 23, 2022 6:24 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Noble Member

Posted by: @porkchopbob

@andyvannoy thank you that’s very kind!

I do have a shop with some prints if you’re interested:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PorkchopBob

Just checked out etsy. Great stuff and such a wide range! Like the film designs, too.

Posted : June 24, 2022 9:21 am
PorkchopBob reacted
Share: