Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://www.georgeharrison.com/atmp50/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : June 11, 2021 11:38 pm
steved
(@steved)
Honorable Member

ATMP is one of my top 3 albums ever. I remember buying the 8-track in 8th grade. The uber package looks great but too pricey for me. I no longer have a turntable either.

Happy the Harrison estate is putting this  out. Some wonderful music for sure.

Posted : June 12, 2021 8:19 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @steved

ATMP is one of my top 3 albums ever. I remember buying the 8-track in 8th grade. The uber package looks great but too pricey for me. I no longer have a turntable either.

Happy the Harrison estate is putting this  out. Some wonderful music for sure.

Yeah..I would agree. That album is in my favs for sure. Great stuff. I bought the 2000 reissue a few years back and really enjoyed that. This new one looks nice,but pricey. I might breakdown and get the 5cd set...maybe.

I am a fan of the Beatles, but probably not as extreme as some.  If one had to rank the post Beatles solo albums, where would ATMP be? I am not super famiiar with all,just some select releases.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : June 12, 2021 8:20 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

A masterpiece, top of all post Beatles albums - Hear Me Lord resounds across the universe -

the third record of the jams/outtakes etc, it wraps up the whole package -

some of the jams/outtakes that were included years later on the Layla 25th anniversary box, are similar in their ragged rampaging glory so to speak

came across a real good copy of ATMP years ago at a music store, it was $34, didn’t bite

Posted : June 12, 2021 8:59 pm
Share: