KANSAS: Song For America, Plaza Theatre, El Paso, TX, 3/17/24

3 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
robslob
(@robslob)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Shot this last night at The Plaza Theatre in downtown El Paso.  Let me tell you, Kansas can still deliver the goods!  The video is kind of sub-par.........they had signs up, NO VIDEO, and they also announced it.  So I had to be very discreet and had the camera sitting on my knee, shooting between the heads of the two people in front of me.  But the audio came through very well.  The current band has two original members, drummer Phil Erhart and guitarist Richard Williams, but Erhart was unable to do the show.  The bass player announced that Erhart had a serious heart attack only two months ago and is recovering and doing well.  A friend of mine saw them last year and said they had two drummers but Erhart only played part of the show so apparently his health has been failing for awhile.  The other drummer from last year did the show last night so it was seamless.  Here's the current lineup (except of course Erhart).  Everyone was great especially the lead singer and the violinist, but how would you possibly get in this band unless you are a MONSTER?  My memory card ran out of space but I got 90% of this tune.
https://www.kansasband.com/players/

This topic was modified 1 month ago 4 times by robslob

Posted : March 18, 2024 7:21 pm
Bill_Graham and Rusty reacted
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

Nice rob, thanks for sharing.

I was a big fan of Kansas in the mid 1970's as soon as I got their debut album while in college the first go around.

Saw them on the Original "Songs for America" tour in 1974 or 75 in a college Auditorium in Pennsylvania when I was  sophomore. One of the  loudest and best concerts I ever saw.

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Bill_Graham

Posted : March 18, 2024 10:42 pm
robslob reacted
gotdrumz
(@gotdrumz)
Reputable Member

Have not seen them since about 2012 or so in Sturgis, S.D during the Rally.  Thanks for the clip. 

Posted : March 29, 2024 8:23 pm
Share: