The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

First-Ever JOHN BONHAM Biography To Include Foreword By DAVE GROHL and LED ZEPPELIN: 'The Biography' Book Due In November

jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
peccles
(@peccles)
Peach Pro

Will be interesting what Jason thinks of his Dad’s biography.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 18, 2021 9:11 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
A Peach Supreme

First time I saw Led Zeppelin was when I saw Bonham the first time. Loudest show. My ears rang for days. Page played his Les Paul with a violin bow on a song or two and Bonham played the drums with his hands, no sticks, during his powerful drum solo. 

Supposedly Steve Gadd is the hottest drummer around now. That is what a friend down the street who is into drums tells me. Buddy Rich mentioned Steve Gadd as a kid he is impressed with not long before Buddy's death in 1987. Gadd was inducted into the Drummer Hall of Fame in 1984 and is the drummer on albums by Steely Dan, Bee Gees, Weather Report, Simon & Garfunkel, Eric Clapton etc, etc. 

But it says Gadd was born in 1945. 76 years old so he may be retired.b

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by robertdee
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2021 9:38 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @peccles

Will be interesting what Jason thinks of his Dad’s biography.

Yeah I thought about that too.

I always wonder about some of these biographies that come out, some seem to be B level at best to make a buck. I just hope a lot of heart,professionalism,accuracy,respect and etc... go into this one. LZ and Bonham will always be close to my heart

Maybe Grohl doing the forward gives it some legitimacy.

Not sure if I care for the title..Beast. I get where the are going with it,but...
"Bonzo" was taken for another book that was written about him. Thats the one I am interested in reading. I believe its just interviews from his drumming peers and admirers that reflect and talk about him and what he meant.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 19, 2021 10:13 am
Share: