The Allman Brothers Band
Favor from the brai...

Notifications
Clear all

Favor from the brain trust, 2000 Herring Trucks.

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Someone asked me if a version of High Falls was played that summer by the Trucks/Herring version.

If so what was the date?

Thanks.

Posted : December 1, 2021 1:05 pm
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I did locate 9/22/2000.

Posted : December 1, 2021 1:16 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Derek & Jimmy played "High Falls" quite often Summer 2000. With just Gregg singing, that was the instrumental tour.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : December 1, 2021 2:28 pm
islalala
(@islalala)
Honorable Member

the one from Toronto that summer is next level. Don’t recall the date, but man, find it if you can and wait for it during the Jimmy solo!

Posted : December 1, 2021 10:30 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I remember reading an interview with Jimmy Herring in 2001 and he was offered a full time permanent replacement of Dickey position towards the end of the 2000 tour but he turned it down. 

Said no one had ever replaced a living original member of the Allman Brothers before and during that tour Dickey complained to the media he was being impersonated. Jimmy said Dickey was one of his heros and the solo on One Way Out from Eat A Peach and it's incredible tone was one of his all time favorites for many years. Jimmy said there was just no way he could be the guy that took Dickey's place. 

Jimmy made the right decision. Too much drama for such a very nice man. 

Posted : December 2, 2021 6:48 am
marco
(@marco)
Estimable Member

The one from Milwaukee is an interesting H.F., as Gregg was having trouble with his B-3, they actually changed it out during the song, leaving Derek and Jimmy to a unique jam to cover the time they took for the replacing of the Hammond.

Posted : December 2, 2021 8:40 am
aiq
 aiq
(@aiq)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the recs and the link PorkchopBob.

Posted : December 5, 2021 2:32 pm
Share: