Doors Announce ‘L.A. Woman’ 50th-Anniversary Deluxe Edition

6 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-doors-la-woman-50th-anniversary-deluxe-edition/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : September 2, 2021 1:49 pm
matt05 reacted
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

i have the other sets but they are all a bit of a letdown especially the 2nd album which really had no set

Posted : September 2, 2021 9:11 pm
peachlovingman
(@peachlovingman)
Reputable Member

Thanks for posting. This sounds interesting  because it includes a bunch bunch of tunes that I've never heard them play before. And I really like when the Doors played blues.

Posted : September 3, 2021 11:12 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I saw the Doors twice in 1967. The guitar solo on Light My Fire was the first time I had experienced a very long, cosmic and spiritual experience with an electric guitar live. Didn't see Jimi until 1968. 

But after some months of reflection, I concluded the best musician in that band was the incredible BASS player. He was so solid and the bottom of that band was like a hard rock. But at each show I was in a seat where I couldn't see the bass player. He was back there somewhere:) 

Where is the darn bass player??? Where is Waldo?? Where is the Wizard??? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : September 4, 2021 8:45 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Posted by: @matt05

i have the other sets but they are all a bit of a letdown especially the 2nd album which really had no set

I'm confused. You've heard the additional material included with this release?

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : September 5, 2021 1:44 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Noble Member

Posted by: @oldcoot
Posted by: @matt05

I'm confused. You've heard the additional material included with this release?

no its because each set we know the doors have other stuff they won't or don't release or tease will be included and then won't be. every one has been that way. we had someone all but say directly "paris blues will be on this set".  well its not even though 3 times the last few years the tune was mentioned as a possible release

Posted : September 5, 2021 8:11 pm
Share: