The Allman Brothers Band
DAVID LEE ROTH Talk...

Notifications
Clear all

DAVID LEE ROTH Talks To 'CBS Sunday Morning' About Japanese Art Of Ink Painting (Video)

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : October 20, 2020 12:30 pm
Rusty reacted
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

As I stated when Eddie Van Halen passed - I never became a fan.  I have all the respect in the world for what they did and for their talents but it just wasn't my kind of thing.  

In David Lee Roth's post VH years - I noticed that he was probably a pretty interesting person.  

When I read that he took the ambulance (EMT) job, my first idea was, "another rock star has blown his fortune!"  Over the years, I have read several accounts of his life.  He has a very ... Asian Tao essence about life.  Turns out he was very far from being broke when he took the EMT job.  I can't give an actual quote, but he's said something along the lines of how he has tried to have many different experiences in his life - for no other reason than to have these experiences.

In my life I have bagged groceries, dug ditches, pulled cable, moved furniture and produced television broadcasts.  For the most part, I did these things purely out of the need for income.  Some of these jobs were more financially rewarding than others.  But when I look back - I realize that each of these jobs provided me with different lessons and awarenesses.  

David still seems to bear some of that cockiness that made him (for me) the best frontman that Van Halen ever had (I didn't say, "best singer/best musician").  But that he used his celebrity status as a "passport" to gain access to ventures that include Japanese ink painting speaks well of his character.

Posted : October 20, 2020 3:56 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

Roth's a good singer and frontman.  He's also an ass.

Posted : October 21, 2020 12:38 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @stratdal

Do you know DLR personally to make that assumption ?  I have never met the guy. I just know he seems to appear to be rather unique for sure.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : October 21, 2020 4:01 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Noble Member

Posted by: @jszfunk
Posted by: @stratdal

Do you know DLR personally to make that assumption ?  I have never met the guy. I just know he seems to appear to be rather unique for sure.

No.  I think he's one by the way he comes across.

Posted : October 21, 2020 5:00 pm
Share: