Topic starter

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/chicago-at-carnegie-hall-deluxe-edition/

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

Posted : April 9, 2021 8:39 am
Rusty reacted
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

I LOVE to play this video with my headphones wide open several times a year.

Terry Kath with no concern about a train wreck or clams just leans back and puts all his energy and soul in his guitar solo here. 

Kath died in 1978 at age 31. Kath had a significant drug and alcohol problem and promised the band not long before his death he was going to get help before it kills him. Kath also loved guns and often would spin the cylinder, put the gun to his temple and pull the trigger. Several with the band didn't like that and demanded he stop doing that. But Kath would rebuttal saying " It is empty man I'm not going to blow my brains out!" Eventually he did it with one of his 9mm automatic pistols with the clip in his hand but didn't realize one was in the chamber and he died instantly:(

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : April 9, 2021 10:12 am
cmgst34
(@cmgst34)
Prominent Member

Chicago are interesting for me. I’ll listen to them maybe 3 times a year, but when I do - and it’s almost always the CTA album - I am freaking FLOORED. But, something about them don’t make them a constant rotation band. 

Posted : April 9, 2021 10:32 pm
50split
(@50split)
Estimable Member

i had the lp set and now i have the cd set. i don't own any of their albums after V.

Posted : April 9, 2021 11:39 pm
hedges
(@hedges)
Honorable Member

awesome! thanks for the heads up. just preordered. I have the 4 cd version. Its a bit pricey on ebay but will sell it here for 25.00 if anyone wants it.

Posted : April 10, 2021 6:47 am
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@cmgst34. I'm the same. Enjoy them several times a year but often go a few months without a listen. They use to be on album rock radio a lot but never hear them now. Even the ABB, LS and Little Feat are not in frequent rotation but the Stones, Van Halen and Pink Floyd still are. Most of what they play are by bands that are of more recent origin on the three stations I can get in my car. . 

Posted : April 10, 2021 7:22 am
Share: