Prominent Member
Topic starter

Enjoy!

Billastro

Posted : March 15, 2023 4:37 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

🤙thx for sharing that Bill, Bob seems like a cool guy & that was very tasty acoustic picking on Dreams at the end 

Posted : March 15, 2023 6:11 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

You're welcome, Stephen. I wasn't even looking, but I spotted the link by serendipity and had to look.

Billastro

Posted : March 16, 2023 9:40 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here's a great comment from this link:

"Just to illustrate life in the pre information age, I was 9 years old, standing 15 feet from some red headed hippie in a tie dye tank top, having no earthly idea who he was, and thinking, 'This guy with the broken finger plays the best guitar I ever heard, Wow! When he gets that cast off of his finger, I bet he's gonna be really good!'

I also stared at Gregg's Leslie cabinet the whole time wondering 'What on earth is that thing?' He had it facing ugly side out so you could see the rotors spinning. After about an hour, I 'figured out' that it must be some kind of air conditioner for outdoor use to blow cool air on everybody. (It gets hot and humid in Atlanta in August)

That was my level of sophistication and understanding at age 9. But it did not stop me from being completely knocked out by the music itself, and the memory of that day will last the rest of my life."

Billastro

Posted : March 16, 2023 3:29 pm
Stephen reacted
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here he is at Capricorn Studios in Macon, 2/2/23:

Billastro

Posted : March 18, 2023 10:52 pm
Share: